[Oberlist] TW* call/fest/film: 2011 Women Make Waves Film Festival

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Fri Apr 1 18:49:02 CEST 2011

Taipei City , Taiwan
Datum dogodka: 2011

Women Make Waves Film Festival
2011 Women Make Waves Film Festival

call for entries
http://www.wmw.com.tw/en/news_detail.php?Inews

Women Make Waves Film Festival aims to celebrate the achievements of
outstanding female talents, to explore different aspects of women's lives
as well as to promote equality and rights of all genders. By covering a
wide range of genres, issues, and representations of women, the Festival
seeks to present and honor women’s survival wisdom and power as they are
turned into films and gain mainstream recognition.
Time & Place
The 18th Women Make Waves Film Festival, organized by the non-profit
Taiwan Women’s Film Association, will be held in Taipei in October, 2011.
A portion of the selected films will be invited on a nationwide tour
shortly after the screenings in Taipei city.

Entry qualification
Submission to the festival is open to feature films, short films,
documentaries, animation, experimental films and innovative visual
productions for digital media. There is no entry fee to submit films to
Women Make Wave Film Festival. We welcome any recent works (produced up to
2 years before the Festival) by a female director that has not been shown
in other festivals in Taiwan. Films that address women-related issues
and/or have innovative visual style are preferable.

We have three main subjects in 2011 WMWFF:

1. Women’s Bodily Performance: We look for films or media works that
explore women’s bodies that in some way challenge, broaden, or complicate
the definition of a woman’s body and its relationship to identity and
sexuality. We also welcome projects that deconstruct the naturalness of
body and/or imagine a body with innovative visions.

2. Queer Flame: We look for films or media works that celebrate gender
beyond the binary of female and male, femininity and masculinity, and/or
explores non-heteronormative sexualities. Projects that portray lives and
struggles of queer individuals or feature queer cultures and communities
around the world are welcome.

3. New Current: We welcome contemporary films or media works made by
female directors that contain a feminist sensibility and/or delivers
groundbreaking aesthetics (open to any genre, any thematic ideas).

data limita: 30/04/11

Kontakt:
Women Make Waves Film Festival
3F, No.16, Lane 10, Singcheng St., Datong District
10353 Taipei City
Taiwan
tel: 886-2-2557-5227
fax: 886-2-2552-9728