[Oberlist] UK* wshp: Creativity and Resistance Workshop, London

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Sat Feb 12 21:54:38 CET 2011

Subject: [transversal] “Creativity and Resistance” Workshop, London
From:    "Anja Kanngieser" <akanngieser at yahoo.com>
Date:    Thu, February 10, 2011 5:24 pm
To:      "Precarious Workers Brigade"

“Creativity and Resistance” Workshop, London.

On 5 March, 2-6pm we will be hosting a half day workshop exploring historical
and contemporary examples of creative approaches to political action, as well
as the relevance of such strategies to the current movement against cuts. In
this interactive workshop we will discuss how and why creative tactics are
useful for direct action, the importance of imagination and desire in
political
protest, and strategies for political organisation and the development of
sustainable
campaigns.

“Creativity and Resistance” is a free and open to all workshop,
organised and facilitated
by the Creative Resistance Research Network (including members of the
Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination and of the Dissident Island Radio
collective). Snacks will be included.

When: Saturday 5th March, 2-6pm.

Where: Room G16, Birkbeck College, Torrington Square, WC1.
See interactive map: http://www.bbk.ac.uk/maps/interactive

Please register (there are 40 places on the workshop): i.fremeaux at bbk.ac.uk

http://oberliht.com