[oberlist] MD* grant: The Open Society Arts and Culture Program (ACP) announces a Call for Grant Proposals opened for applicants from Moldova

Vladimir US vladimir at oberliht.org.md
Fri Jul 29 15:18:31 CEST 2011

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Daniela Bolganschi <dbolganschi at osi.hu>
> Date: Jul 29, 2011 1:18:55 PM EEST
> To: "vladimir at oberliht.org.md" <vladimir at oberliht.org.md>
> Subject: Grants competition opened for applicants from Moldova
>

> Dear Vladimir,
> We would like to inform you that the Arts and Culture Program of the
> Open Society Foundations (OSF) has released its new call of
> proposals which is now opened to applicants from the Republic of
> Moldova. We kindly ask you to distribute further the announcement
> among your relevant contacts who might be interested to take part in
> our grants competition.
> Please find below our call announcement and we encourage you to
> visit our webpage for more information (http://www.soros.org/initiatives/arts/focus/civil-society
> ).
> Should you have any questions about our grants competition, do not
> hesitate to contact me.
> Warmest regards,
> Daniela
>
> Daniela Bolganschi | Program Coordinator | Arts and Culture Program
> | Open Society Foundations
> H-1051 Budapest, Oktober 6. utca 12. | Phone: +36 1 882 3163 | Fax:
> +36 1 882 3101 | Website: www.soros.org/initiatives/arts

> ARTS AND CULTURE PROGRAM
>
> Call for Proposals
> Strengthening Civil Society through Arts and Culture
>
> The Open Society Arts and Culture Program (ACP) announces a Call for
> Grant Proposals.
> The ACP works at the nexus of arts, culture, human rights, and
> social advocacy. Through its Grant Program, ACP strives to encourage
> broad-based critical reflection and catalyze social action in parts
> of the world where open societies are absent or weak, and where the
> cultural rights of minority groups are endangered.
> The aim of the Call is to strengthen alternative and autonomous
> cultural infrastructures and innovative arts initiatives, to raise
> professional standards in the art world in the ACP’s regions of
> activity, and to promote reform in the arena of cultural policy.
> What kind of projects are eligible
> Projects that aim to draw on the power of culture to help build open
> societies in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan,
> Uzbekistan), the Caucasus, Afghanistan, Moldova, Mongolia, and
> Turkey, and that involve one of the following activities:
> Cultural production
> Creating or strengthening cultural platforms
> Professional development and capacity-building
>
> What We Provide
> Project grants that typically range between $1,000 and $30,000 USD.
> Projects in Central Asia, may be co-funded with Hivos (Humanist
> Institute for Cooperation with Developing Countries) on a 50-50
> matching basis.
> For Central Asia only, institutional support grants of up to $73,000
> (equivalent to 50,000 EUR) annually are available for distinguished
> past grantees through a matching grant program with Hivos.
> [...]

Vladimir US

CHIOSC   |   director de proiect

http://chiosc.oberliht.com
http://arthotel.oberliht.com
http://plic.oberliht.com
http://oberlist.oberliht.com
http://chisineu.wordpress.com
http://bucuresti68.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/Oberliht

Proiectul CHIOSC este realizat cu suportul financiar al Fundatiei
Culturale Europene http://www.eurocult.org

http://oberliht.com

tel/fax:	+ (373 22) 286317
email: 	vladimir at oberliht.org.md