[Oberlist] UK* call/grant/edu: Curating Contemporary Art (CCA)

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed Jun 8 08:30:49 CEST 2011

Subject: Curating Contemporary Art (CCA)
From:    "Art&Education" <edu-news at mailer.e-flux.com>
Date:    Tue, June 7, 2011 10:13 pm
To:      ober at emdash.org

Royal College of Art
Call for Applications
Curating Contemporary Art

http://www.rca.ac.uk/cca

Curating Contemporary Art (CCA) welcomes applications from students
interested in both practice- and theory-led MPhil and PhD pathways in
Curating from 26th September 2011. Our Department is currently developing
several collaborative curatorial research projects including Scenarios
about Europe, a pan-European curatorial collaboration led by CCA tutor and
independent curator Kit Hammonds, and Museums and Libraries in the Age of
Migrations, a European Commission Framework 7 Project, the RCA element of
which is led by Professor Mark Nash. Both projects involve the research and
organisation of international exhibitions for 2013/4.

CCA has developed an active research culture over the past few years, with
15 students currently enrolled in MPhil and Doctoral programmes. The
Department also has research collaborations with the University of
Gothenburg, Jagiellonian University (Krakow), ELTE University (Budapest)
and the International University of Andalucía (Seville). We are interested
in MPhil/PhD project proposals which connect with any of our areas of
expertise including exhibition histories, curatorial cultures in the age of
globalisation, as well as the specific remits of the two projects indicated
above.

More information can be found on the website www.rca.ac.uk/cca.

UK and EU students joining the department in 2011–12 and 2012–13 would
be eligible to apply for College bursaries towards fees and maintenance.
Once enrolled on the course you would be eligible to apply for an AHRC
bursary for 2012–13 and beyond.

Applications should be sent to the College by 1st July 2011; interviews
are planned for 7th and 8th July 2011.

http://oberliht.com