[Oberlist] Solidarity with yellow webpages for the community radios before they’re shut down

Kovacs Balazs mmi at art.pte.hu
Wed Jun 29 16:28:41 CEST 2011

  Hi Oberlist,
while netherland is emerging the peaceful demonstrations, the hungarians are
also against the peaceful yet consequent kill of the emerging communities:

Solidarity with yellow webpages for the community radios before they’re
shut down
http://periszkopradio.hu/periweb/?p=1633&lang=en

In Hungary I feel a characteristic however hidden cutback against the
humanist and ngo communities. In this project takes part the suppress
the small community radios. On our webpage i hereby express the
solidarity for the radio stations before close (see list below), and for
the others, who – in order to be “community” in the current sense -,
have to take a lot of innecessary tasks involving changes in their
structure, introducing for the demand of newsreading, 50% hungarian
music etc. In this way i send the message to the Government: the
community can be also stronger when it is in resistance. We do it also
in the future.

In this way, and after the preceding actions i don’t know what to
present on 1st july, the day of the change, where the media law steps in
in its full power. Our transmitters were turned off once; we manipulated
them as well; we demonstrated in the aether and on the street; posted a
couple of petitions. What else? I can’t offer anything else, just our
yellow webpage, which express the envy (NB: in english somebody is not
yellow, but green of envy; yellow is the hungarian color of it) of the
government for the autonomous, powerful communities. I recommend it for
every other communities, and wish the best, according to the current
situation.

Kovács Balázs

Kassa (Kosice), 2011. június 29.

--

PTE Muveszeti Kar, Media- es Alkalmazott Muveszetek Intezete
PTE Faculty of Arts, Institute for Media and Applied Arts
e-mail: mmi at art.pte.hu
www: http://www.art.pte.hu/menu/92
blog: http://art.pte.hu/211orchestra/