[Oberlist] BALTIC# call/res: M.A.R.I.N. Media Art Research Interdisciplinary Network

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Tue Mar 1 23:30:54 CET 2011

Subject: [Rezone] M.A.R.I.N. Aicina pieteikties Ziemelvalstu - Baltijas
juras regiona makslas un zinatnes rezidencem!
From:    "Agnese Baranova" <agnese at rixc.lv>
Date:    Mon, February 28, 2011 12:49 pm
To:      rezone at lists.rixc.lv

Dear All,

*Media Art Research Interdisciplinary Network – M.A.R.I.N.*– will
organize two one month long residencies during June and August 2011
around the Baltic Sea. We invite proposals by artists, scientists or
collaborative initiatives to attend either for June or August 2011.

While we are open to many ideas, we hope to get research-oriented
proposals that relate with the marine environment. Also projects that
look at alternative energy in a nomadic camp, environmental sensors, low
power computing are on our wish-list. (In other words, no poetic videos
contemplating the sea!)

The June residency themed *Sensing the Baltic Sea* (June 1st-30th) will
be situated on three Baltic Sea islands in Finland and end in Tallinn,
Estonia. On each island there are basic facilities, and we will set up
our own camp using wind and solar power.

The August residency, themed *Cartography and Everyday at Sea* (August
1st-31st) will start in Stavanger in Norway, shift to an island in
Sweden and finish on a beautiful peninsula in Lithuania.

*CALL OPEN FEB 26th – MAR 21st 2011*

*HOW TO SUBMIT?
Fill in the on-line form:*

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey_EditorFull.aspx?sm=2NVLLZaGprfGaR%2fLaga%2fN0V5v%2bvuqLLja5lYkIgdgtE%3d

Send any additional material to:
marin.association at gmail.com <mailto:marin.association at gmail.com>

*Download* the FULL CFP as a PDF:

http://marin.cc/files/2011/02/M.A.R.I.N._CFP_2011.pdf

Or read here:
http://marin.cc/residency/cfp/

*Facebook events:*
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195601263797567
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148984565162740

We look forward to receive your fab proposals!

very best,

M.A.R.I.N. team
.. REZONE http://re-lab.lv/rezone

http://oberliht.com