[Oberlist] BE* call/res: Werkkamp 011: Young Artist In Residence Festival

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed Mar 2 00:11:06 CET 2011

Antwerpen, Belgium
perioada: 1 to 31 July, 2011

Scheld’apen Vzw
Werkkamp 011: Artist In Residence Festival

Artists wanted

Scheld'apen is a cultural youth centre and artistic workplace. Scheld'apen
offers young artists the space and support to establish their own cultural
and artistic projects. We give priority to starting young groups, artists
and dramatists. We are an open house for public, young people, musicians
and artists, without barriers and with the possibility of interaction. We
are an art centre with space for artistic experimentation and attention to
socially disadvantaged young people. Next to supporting artists in their
development we also program many concerts and parties. Because of last
year’s great success, we will be organizing ‘Werkkamp011 (work camp011)’
for the second time this summer.
Werkkamp011 is an art festival that has its focus on processes, creation
and the artistic development of young visual artists, musicians and
dramatists as well as writers and designers, product developers
 you name
it. This will take place from the 1st until the 31st of July in fort8, an
old fort build in the late 19th century and active during the First World
War. The arsenal, the lodging, the hallways and the gunpowder rooms will
all be occupied by artists and collectives. This means we have room for
over 50 people (!) to create new work, build installations, to be inspired
and to expand their network. The courtyard will be used as an open air
stage, a restaurant and as a meeting spot.

For this festival we invite artists to build new work, to present their
work and to look at what others are doing. We are here to bring artists
together and to challenge and inspire them whilst actively supporting and
promoting them.

We will give you a space to work, provide for catering, logistics and off
course: public. Next to our silkscreen workshop, our recording studio and
rehearsal rooms, we will also provide tools and writing workshops. There
will be theatre, music and cinema, dancing and so on
 For one month
Scheld’apen and Werkkamp011 will be functioning as a production house and
open stage.

Every weekend we will open the gates to welcome the public for concerts,
expositions, try-outs and low budget dining and drinking, This year
Antwerp will be European’s new youth capital and we want werkkamp011 to be
a big part of this and therefore we reach out to you, the foreign artist.

Facilities

technical information :

We provide workspace and some tools (welding machine, carpentry tools
),
silkscreen studio, music recording studio, kitchen, logistic support,
presentation opportunities and assistance (and also a Nintendo gaming
room).

studio information :

The workplaces vary in different sizes, which will be handed over,
according to your needs and preferences.

accommodation information:

We can accommodate you either in your workplace or on a campground near
our headquarters.

Finances

paid by us:

Catering
Workspace
On site accommodation
Equipment and material
Travel costs

paid by artist:

Additional material and equipment

Application

Deadline: 15th of April, but we advise you to send in your application as
soon as possible. Spaces are limited.

Send the application to the e-mail address below.

Criteria:

-You have to be between 18 and 26 of age to apply.

-Your application must include a short biography, (digital) portfolio, a
description of your project and a list of materials and equipment needed
for your project.

- We accept the following disciplines: Visual arts (painting, drawing,
sculpture, conceptual art, video art, mixed media
) performing arts
(theatre, dance, performance art
), music, literature, and applied arts
(design, graphic design, illustrative arts, fashion
)

Applications will be selected based on achievability

data limita: 15/04/11

Kontakt:
Scheld’apen Vzw
d’Herbouvillekaai 36