[Oberlist] Fwd: Master of Fine Art - Piet Zwart Institute

stefan rusu suhebator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:17:47 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Art&Education <edu-news at mailer.e-flux.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Subject: Master of Fine Art - Piet Zwart Institute
To: suhebator at gmail.com

  March 29, 2011 [image: Art and
Education]<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=33&F=H>
  [image: mar29_piet.jpg]
 <http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=177&F=H>

Marnie Slater, *A: Claude Cahun and Marcel Moore*, 2010. *B: Robert Morris*,
2010; *C: Marc Camille Chaimowicz*, 2010.
Photo by Edward C Thomson.
    Piet Zwart Institute Call for applications

*www.pzwart.wdka.nl<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=178&F=H>
*
    Share this:
Facebook<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=21&F=H>|
Twitter <http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=179&F=H>

*Master of Fine Art - Piet Zwart Institute*

*Institute for Postgraduate Studies and Research
**Willem de Kooning Academy Rotterdam University**
**Application Deadlines:
*May 1 (EU and non-EU students) and July 1 (only non-EU students) 2011

*Come visit us at Open Day on April 9!*

*www.pzwart.wdka.nl<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=178&F=H>
*

*The Programme:*

The Fine Art programme is based on an understanding of contemporary art as
embedded within a larger field of cultural, social and political practices.
It encourages critical discourse on artistic practice, and places an
emphasis on self-reflection and analysis. Furthermore, public interaction is
given a special focus, inciting students to connect with practitioners
outside of the academy and present their work to general audiences.

Our English-taught, two-year Master programme provides an international
platform on which artists can develop their practices through independent
studio work as well as a lively dialogue with artists, curators and
theorists from a diversity of disciplines: art, theatre, literature,
philosophy, cinema, and others. Our students, faculty members and guests
hail from: Canada, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Lebanon, the Netherlands,
New Zealand, Rumania, Turkey, the United States, among many other countries,
providing participants in our programme with a truly international
experience.

We offer generous studio space and a variety of technical facilities,
including editing suites, photo labs, workshops for typography, wood,
plastics, ceramics, etc. Students receive strong individual tutorial support
with weekly studio visits by both regular staff and guests. Furthermore, we
offer a challenging programme of annually changing thematic projects,
seminars, excursions and lectures that provide a broad framework for the
exploration of issues relevant to contemporary culture and society. The
small size of the programme makes for intensive and dynamic discussions and
focused interactions between the course director, faculty members, guests
and students.

*The Faculty:*

Our faculty members and guests are practitioners in contemporary art and
culture with a very active professional practice. This year, the faculty
members include Liesbeth Bik (member of artist duo Bik Van der Pol), Bernd
Krauss (artist), Hadley+Maxwell (artists), Nathaniel Mellors (artist), Lili
Reynaud-Dewar (artist), Steve Rushton (writer), Monika Szewczyk (head of
publications at Witte de With) and Jan Verwoert (art critic and contributing
editor of Frieze).

Guests include Ellen Blumenstein (curator), Dieter Roelstraete (writer and
curator), Paulina Olowska (artist), Jutta Koether (artist), Chris Evans
(artist), Anthony Huberman (curator and writer), Willem de Rooij (artist),
Michael Stevenson (artist), and Alexis Vaillant (curator), among many
others. The team of faculty members and guests varies every year. For
further information, please see *pzwart.wdka.hro.nl/fama/staff*.

*The Public Lecture Series:*

Alongside our curriculum, we organise ongoing public lecture series, realise
exhibitions, and produce publications based on issues related to our
curriculum, but reaching beyond the framework of our seminar and
studio-based programme. These public moments are an important resource for
students, faculty members and guests, serving as a bridge to the city, and
building a community around areas of interests. Our programme thus combines
a variety of approaches that function as frameworks for the joint
exploration of issues relevant to art and culture.

*Information:*

For application forms, application criteria and further information on our
curriculum or public programme, please see
*www.pzwart.wdka.nl<http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=177&F=H>
* or contact us at fineart at pzi.wdka.nl <fineart at pzwart.wdka.hro.nl>.

Piet Zwart Institute
Postgraduate Studies and Research
Willem de Kooning Academy Rotterdam University
Mauritsstraat 36
NL-3011 XZ Rotterdam

News <http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=38&F=H>
Announcements <http://interspire.e-flux.com/link.php?M=21540&N=112&L=32&F=H>