[Oberlist] RS* call/wshp: Make Me! Festival : : Belgrade : : June 10th - June 14th

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed May 18 03:10:22 CEST 2011

Subject: [transversal] Make Me! Festival : : Belgrade : : June 10th - June
14th : : [co-organised by miss baltazar's lab]
From:    "Stefanie Wuschitz" <stefanie.wuschitz at gmail.com>
Date:    Mon, May 16, 2011 7:53 pm
To:      stefanie.wuschitz at digitalekunst.ac.at

*\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b

./ Make Me! Festival | Napravi Me! Festival

*
*http://na.pravi.me *
*
*
*
*
*
=>Belgrade, Friday 10th - Monday 14th of June 2011

=>Cultural Centre REX, Jevrejska 16*

=>T*EACH YOU, TEACH ME: *
A RESEARCH ON THE PRESENCE AND POTENTIAL
OF ALTERNATIVE USES
OF TECHNOLOGY IN EVERYDAY LIFE,
ON THE STREETS OF BELGRADE

*register for the workshops at na at pravi.me *
all workshops are free of charge

*Make me! festival will feature a series of workshops on building and using
different DIY devices, with a critical reflection on the presence of
technology in public space. The workshops are intended for tech-savvy women
and girls but also enthusiasts of all genders with no previous knowledge.
Artists and activists gathered around independent, self-organised
initiatives from the Netherlands, Austria and Serbia will teach a wide range
of subjects, from listening to electromagnetic waves and analysis of
wireless Internet traffic to the use of satellite signal for GPS and solar
energy. The attendants will learn how to make and modify devices for
receiving and storing the data they gather. Through one and two days
workshops where "everyone teaches everyone", we will explore the presence of
technology on the streets of Belgrade. We will play with the potential of
alternative uses of technology in everyday life.*

The main goal is to question what is given and imposed by the technology,
through an approach on the intersection between technology, art and
activism. The workshops are meant to enable and encourage the participants
to work with everyday technology and adapt it to their needs. They are not
expected to show high technical literacy but curiousity to get to know and
possibly modify technology that is available to everyone.

The target group are primarily girls with an experience in some kind of
activism and an interest in art and technology. It is expected from the
participants to share the interest in 'breaking the box' and 'looking
inside', and to have an affinity towards learning new skills. One of
important outcomes of this programme will be to create and strengthen a
network that would connect the ones who are active on this scene. Through
this network, we expect to be able to can support each other even long after
the events have ended.

The workshops will take place over the course of 4 days, with two or three
workshops sometimes running in parallel. The main programme is meant for
women only. It is thought of as a 'women for women' exchange of knowledge.
The programme would be open for participation of everyone interested, with
the idea to open up our activities and content to everyone we are sharing
our environment with.

*for more information visit http://na.pravi.me*
*
*