[oberlist] FW: [Supermarket - Stockholm Independent Art Fair] Applications for SUPERMARKET 2013

US Vladimir us_v at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:59:36 CEST 2012

Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 02:54:37 +0200
To: us_v at hotmail.com
Subject: [Supermarket - Stockholm Independent Art Fair] Applications for SUPERMARKET   2013
From: info at supermarketartfair.com

Applications for SUPERMARKET 2013

Stockholm Sun, 08/12/2012 - 02:54

This is an invitation addressed to artist-run spaces and initiatives but we
send it to all our international network. If this message is not of interest
to you please send it on to artist-run projects that you would like to
recommend!
Applications for SUPERMARKET 2013 can be made online
21.8–15.9 2012

SUPERMARKET 2013 – Stockholm Independent Art Fair dates 15–17
February 2013
We welcome applications to participate in next year’s international
artist-run art fair SUPERMARKET, which will take place on two floors of
Kulturhuset in Stockholm, Sweden. Since last year we have chosen to bring
forward the application period to increase the possibility for our
participants to seek funding.
The goal of SUPERMARKET is to provide a showcase for artists' initiatives
from all over the world and to create opportunities for new networks in the
Swedish and international art scenes. It is also an art fair that strives to
offer the visitor an experience, rather than focusing on sales.
Artist-run galleries regularly staging public exhibitions in their own
exhibition spaces and other artists' initiatives that arrange exhibitions and
events with invited artists can apply to exhibit at SUPERMARKET 2013.
Individual artists or artists' groups founded only for applying to
SUPERMARKET will not be accepted.
The theme of the seminars SUPERMARKET TALKS will be Happiness. We do not
intend to curate the fair on this theme but you can bear it in mind. We are
not looking for exhibition ideas illustrating the theme of Happiness but if
you already know examples of art connected to or problematising Happiness,
Success etc we are interested to hear about it in your application! Also
remember that we and the audience expect the exhibitors to show art and not
only documentation or papers.
Happiness will also be the theme of the annual magazine which is combined
with the fair catalogue. All applicants are welcome to suggest works relating
to the theme for inclusion in the publication. Send us low-res images before
the end of October and the art editor will contact the ones who we want to
include in the magazine.
We will continue to arrange the performance art programme RED SPOT and the
network meetings programme SUPERMARKET MEETINGS. If you are interested in
taking part please let us know.
The application is made on-line. You create an account and
register on our website. Your account will be used for submitting material if
you are selected to participate.

To create your account and for further information about SUPERMARKET go to
www.supermarketartfair.com
Finally, Supermarket is one of the partners of AIM, and therefore we
forward this invitation to Kassel:

Dear colleagues,
 Artists’ Initiatives’ Meetings (AIM) is a European network
of artist-run initiatives and spaces to lighten our visibility in the art
world. So far we are a bunch of initiatives who met in Berlin, Copenhagen,
Stockholm and Mallorca. During Documenta13 in Kassel we will hold our first
open meeting from the 10th to the 15th of September 2012. We kindly invite
you to join our open conference at the Art Academy Kassel on the 12th of
September 2012 and to participate in an exhibition at POT Space in Kassel
(pot.top-ev.de). At the conference we will introduce a prototype of a web
based directory of artist-run initiatives worldwide. We would like the
participants to give us feedback. You're also welcome to suggest topics for
the conference.

For the exhibition we ask you to bring or send a model of your exhibition
space in the size of a banana box with miniature art works in it.

Please confirm your participation to microwesten at gmail.com until the 15th
of August 2012 (or as soon as possible) and we get back to you with further
details.

Unfortunately, we can't provide any travel costs or accommodation but on
request we will send you an official invitation letter to support your
possibilities for funding at your local institutions.

Further information about the program will follow after August 15th.

You are welcome to forward this invitation to artist initiatives and project
spaces.

See you in Kassel!
microwesten

AIM Europe