[oberlist] EE* call/fest: 'we LOOV art' - music and art festival

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed Dec 12 21:33:07 CET 2012

Subject: [MZ] ESTONIA: CALL FOR ARTISTS
From:    "LMC / LCCA" <makslaszinas at lcca.lv>
Date:    Tue, December 11, 2012 9:30 pm
To:      ober at emdash.org

 	CALL FOR ARTISTS: ART PROJECT IN WOODS OF SOUTH ESTONIA

 	'we LOOV art' is a part of the organization of a music and art
festival in South-Estonia's small town Põlva for which we are
looking for artist who would like to do an installation on the festival
ground.

 	But starting from the beginning:

 	The festival takes place on the first weekend of August in Põlvas
forest park Intsikurmu, which was the place for the first singing
festival in 1855. It is organized by the non profit organization
Munalinn ('eggtown'), which has organized three previous
festivals in Põlva – the New Era Festivals
 	(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Uue-Ajastu-Festival/139735066050365) –
 	2010: Frequency of Love; 2011. Frequency of Peace and 2012: Frequency
 	of Happiness. Those three formed a full circle and now it's time for
a new concept, which will be as spiritual as the previous and closer to
the natural beauty of Põlva, as a part of that the festival will
move from the town center to the woods.

 	Visual (projected) art
 	(http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299822_258213024202568_3766472_n.jpg)
 	has been a very important part of the festival, for the new one we would
like to put it more in a three dimensional form.

 	The event is organized mainly by a team of young volunteers who give
their time and ideas to the better future of their hometown and the
opportunity to learn event management.

 	To gain more information and participate in the project, contact:
 	Helen Puistaja

 	LOOV näitused, õpitoad, üritused
 	loovgalerii.blogspot.com

 	telefon: +372 553 7169