[oberlist] NL* call/air: P.A.I.R. (Portable Artist in Residence) - Landscape Library

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Wed Dec 19 00:15:06 CET 2012

P.A.I.R. (Portable Artist in Residence) - Landscape Library - Call for
artists/ writers/ composers/ researchers and architects

The P.A.I.R.-project promotes artistic social commitment while focusing
attention on humans and their surroundings. In 2013, the P.A.I.R.’s fifth
year, the theme is Landscape Library. The P.A.I.R. will again be visiting
three different locations to meet local inhabitants and to investigate
their surroundings.

The PeerGrouP specializes in site-specific theatre. The P.A.I.R. (Portable
Artist in Residence) is the PeerGrouP's mobile initiative and offers a
temporary residence to artists. The residence consists basically of two
six-metre containers, one for living and one for working, is
self-sufficient in water and electricity, and is provided with some tools,
books and wood to make a fire. The artists selected make the given theme
their starting point, relate to their surroundings and neighbours, and
make use of their knowledge, art and tools.

Participation:

Send us your project proposal and documentation by postal mail, relating
to the theme Landscape Library. You are invited to write a proposal for
one of these three locations

Accommodation:

Two six-metre containers. One for living, one for working. Some tools and
books.

Electricity by solar panels, 600 litre of fresh water, a wood-burning
stove and wood to make a fire. Technical assistance is available from the
PeergrouP.

It must be stressed that the P.A.I.R. is not only a workshop but also
place of residence. During the whole period, you will be living in the
P.A.I.R. and be responsible for the accommodation and its surroundings. Be
a good host to any visitors.

Location: Donderen, The Netherlands.

P.A.I.R. pays the following expenses per project: living, material and
travel: €3000,-

Questions: Please write to henry[@]peergroup.nl

Find all the details online:
http://www.peergroup.nl/pair/#english-information