[oberlist] RS* call/arch: Mikser Festival - Savamala Competition

Vladimir US vladimir at oberliht.org.md
Thu Feb 23 23:55:19 CET 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: ivan kucina <kucinakucina at gmail.com>
> Date: Feb 23, 2012 10:50:53 AM EET
> Subject: Savamala Competition
>

> dear friends,
> Mikser Festival has issued competition for urban bundle that is part
> of my program of Urban Transformations of Savamala, devastated
> Belgrade district.
> I am inviting you to apply and to forward this invitation to anyone
> who may be interested. It is trans-disciplinary competition, open
> for anyone under 40. First prize will be built during the festival.
>
> Check this link http://en.blog.mikser.rs/
>
> Ivan Kucina
>

> For immediate release
>
> MIKSER IS HOLDING AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
>
> URBAN BUNDLE
>
> Competition is open from February 23 until April 5, 2012
>
> Urban Bundle is a temporary public space installation in Savamala
> Civic District that provides initial condition for citizen
> gathering, meeting, debating, collaborating and participating in the
> process of producing and maintaining social and urban environment.
>

> Reason
>
> There is a lot that must be done in a different way than what has
> been done until today in order to rebuild the sense of empathy,
> compassion, and solidarity within society. It has to be an evolving
> process that engages all the parties, public administration,
> citizens associations, entrepreneurs and professionals. This process
> has to be placed in the heart of the problematic territories,
> adopting the spatial capacities that are already there, converting
> and upgrading them in order to facilitate social exchange. New role
> of the common space has to be developed – it should not serve as
> decorative assemblage for daily breaks but as programmatic
> instrument for generating citizen gatherings and collaboration.
>
> Objective
>
> Urban Bundle appears as a temporary public space installation that
> provides initial condition for citizen gathering, meeting, debating,
> collaborating and participating in the process of producing and
> maintaining their social and urban environment. Citizen
> participation in creating their environment is a powerful act that
> can enhance relations within society and influence regeneration of
> the common values. Urban Bundle is a political tool of the citizens
> that seeks to exert influence on the alternative development of
> relations between private and public life in the city.
>
> Assignment
>
> Participants of the competition will develop prototypes for the
> Urban Bundle that has to be situated on chosen location in Savamala,
> Belgrade, Serbia.
>
> Urban Bundle is a transparent construction without doors and walls,
> shaded with canopy. It is providing from 3 to 33 individual seats
> assembled around common space within the perimeter that is limited
> by the size of the chosen location. Each seat of the bundle is
> [...]

Vladimir US

CHIOSC   |   curator

http://chiosc.oberliht.com
http://plic.oberliht.com
http://chisineu.wordpress.com
http://bucuresti68.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/Oberliht

Proiectul CHIOSC este realizat cu suportul financiar al Fundatiei
Culturale Europene http://www.eurocult.org

http://oberliht.com

tel/fax:	+ (373 22) 286317
email: 	vladimir at oberliht.org.md