[oberlist] US* evnt: AREA brunch event, March 3 at Access Living

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Tue Feb 28 21:32:37 CET 2012

Subject: AREA brunch event, March 3 at Access Living
From:    "AREA Chicago" <AREA_Chicago at mail.vresp.com>
Date:    Mon, February 27, 2012 12:40 am
To:      ober at emdash.org

You are invited, join us for brunch

AREA Chicago
Art/Research/Education/Activism
Invites You To
Intersections: A Roundtable and Brunch

March 3, 12-2  Access Living (115 W. Chicago Ave.)
A light brunch will be provided starting at 11:30 AM

The upcoming issue of AREA Chicago is an exploration of intersections
in social justice work. This roundtable is a discussion about the
specific ways in which various forms of engagement intersect. We also
hope to consider intersections that are unintentional or accidental
-- to reflect upon moments when we are suddenly faced with the
unfamiliar, an apparent contradiction, an issue or strategy that
falls outside of the path we have defined for ourselves.

Please join us for an open discussion about the systemic nature of
the injustices we struggle against and the concrete approaches and
tools we employ throughout those struggles. Participants will be
asked to reflect on the rewards and challenges of bridging and
expanding their own practices

This event is free and open to the public.

Confirmed participants include: Access Living, Iraq Veterans Against
the War /Warrior Writers, CCB Dance Project, Street Level Youth
Media, Communities United Against Foreclosure and Eviction, Sargent
Shriver National Center on Poverty Law, Fresh Moves, Albany Park
Theater Project. Tentative confirmation : Southwest Youth
Collaborative

Established in 1980, Access Living is a change agent committed to
fostering an inclusive society that enables people with disabilities
in Chicago to live fully-engaged and self-directed lives. Access
Living is at the forefront of the disability rights movement,
removing barriers so people with disabilities can live the future
they envision.

AREA Chicago supports the work of people and organizations building a
socially just city. AREA actively gathers, produces, and shares
knowledge about local culture and politics. Its newspaper, website,
and events create relationships and sustain community through art,
research, education, and activism

following link:

http://cts.vresp.com/u?7fa1bda5d0/8a5620b14f/mlpftw

Click below to forward this email to a friend:
http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=7fa1bda5d0&lid=1492501214&ldh=8a5620b14f

AREA Chicago sent this email free of charge using VerticalResponse
for Non-Profits. Non-Profits email free. You email affordably.

AREA Chicago
PO Box 476971
Chicago, Illinois 60647
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html

http://oberliht.com