[oberlist] DE* call/art: WORKSHOP; CONTEST

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Fri Jul 13 00:59:45 CEST 2012

Subject: [MZ] WORKSHOP; CONTEST
From:    "LMC / LCCA" <makslaszinas at lcca.lv>
Date:    Fri, July 6, 2012 11:35 am
To:      ober at emdash.org

Everybody Is An Artist - A Future Workshop related to "World Art
Lab" dOCUMENTA (13)
September 7 - 13, 2012 Kassel/Germany Who can apply?
All adults, particularly those of disadvantaged groups from EU Member
States (except Germany), like senior citizens, people working in
precarious jobs, jobless persons. Everybody who is interested in art, self
development and social issues. Programme Outlook
One of the main issues will be the links between art and society. We will
work on that during the Future-Worshop "Everybody Is An Artist".
We will discuss about the functions of art and we will produce art
ourselves.
We get in talks to artists and staff from dOCUMENTA (13) while we have two
guided tours through the exhibition, a research trip to Josef Beuys`s
socila art monument "The 7000 Oaks" and an excursion to the
Wilhelmshöhe Park. At least we will have our own
group-art-production: an exhibition related to our views, hopes and
roadmaps for a sustainable future. You should be motivated to find new
perspectives in an multicultural environment and to manage your own
biografical development. Knowledge in art-production is not provided.
Languages: English and German. Are You interested?
Please send us an e-mail with your personal data... and as soon as
possible you`ll receive the Learner Application Form and the programme
overview in details. Please use this e-mail for reply:
schaeffer-kassel at web.de

The 21th Bremen Award for Video Art Call For Entries 2012
The annual Bremen Award for Video Art supports the production and
presentation of two video art projects. We welcome classical and linear,
audiovisual work, installations as well as ideas that challenge the
boundaries of video art. Only as of yet unrealised projects are eligible
for funding. Awards: 1st Prize: 5,000 EUR 2nd Prize: 1,500 EUR
The prize money shall be used for the realisation of the artistic concept.
The selected works shall first be exhibited in Bremen. Towards this means,
the Filmbüro helps to organise an exhibition of the award winning
works in the fall of 2013. The exhibition will take place in one of
Bremen‘s prestigious museums or galleries.
Video artists from all German-speaking countries as well as those from
Bremen‘s twin cities (Bratislava, Cherbourg-Octeville, Corinto,
Dalian, Frederikshavn, Gdansk, Grimsby, Haifa, Izmir, Kaliningrad, Pori,
Riga, Szczecin and Pune) are invited to apply.
Students are welcome. The call is not age restricted. The jury will award
one of the two prizes to an applicant from Bremen, Bremerhaven or their
twin cities.
Applications must be submitted in German or English. Each applicant may
submit only ONE concept. The prizes will be awarded by an independent
jury.
Deadline for applications (postmarked by): Monday, October 1st, 2012.
Please do not send applications via registered mail.   21th Bremen Award
for Video Art Filmbüro Bremen e.V. Plantage 13 28215 Bremen T: 0421 -
708 48 91 F: 0421 - 708 48 940 E-Mail: vkp at filmbuero-bremen.de
For further information and to download the entry form: www.vkp-bremen.de

http://oberliht.com