[oberlist] NL* call/res: Institute for the Unstable Media, Summer Session 2012

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Sun Mar 25 04:09:28 CEST 2012

Subject: >top V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media, call for artist
residency, Summer Session 2012
From:    "Szczepaniak Thomas" <szczepaniakthomas at v2.nl>
Date:    Fri, March 23, 2012 3:07 pm
To:      top-list at top-ev.de

V2_Institute For The Unstable Media Eendrachtsstraat 10, 3012 XL,
Rotterdam, The Netherlands http://www.v2.nl/

  Summer Sessions 2012 - Call for Proposals

    V2_'s Summer Sessions are brief themed residencies that allow
    promising young artists to collaborate with V2_Lab developers. We
    are looking for art project proposals, don't miss this opportunity!

      Submission deadline: April 15 2012, notification of acceptance
      before May 10th.

We are looking for art projects that fit one of the Lab's three areas of
focus: wearable technology, augmented reality and ecology but we are
also open to proposals within your personal field of interest. Your
project should be conceptually sound and outline a concrete, realistic
plan. Your proposal's chance of being selected will be directly
proportional to its quality.

Each selected artist participates in an intense working period during
July and August, in which he or she develops a project from concept to
artwork, ready for presentation at a public event. We schedule the
residencies to overlap as much as possible so that we can foster an
active working atmosphere in the Lab and stimulate interaction between
artists. The Summer Sessions will conclude with Test_Lab presentations
in Rotterdam and within an international festival context.

Are you an ambitious, early-career artist with an interesting idea for a
project? Then send us your plan by April 15, 2012. To apply, submit a
video presentation of maximum three minutes in which you briefly explain
your project, the support you expect to need from the Lab, and why we
should choose you to take part in the Summer Sessions.

Have a look at our Summer Session video:
http://player.v2.nl/embed/422/start/0/thumb/37.08/

We have a budget to make it happen, but first send us your plan!

How to apply:

-Create a short video (max 3min);
-Go to http://calls.v2.nl/ and create an account;
-Select 'Summer Sessions 2012' and complete the form;
-Upload your video as "unlisted"(
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=157177 )
to Youtube and paste the link in the submission form.

Please have a look at our website page for the Summer Session 2012:
http://www.v2.nl/lab/blog/summer-sessions-2012-call-for-proposals

If you may have any question please contact me at <szczepaniakthomas at v2.nl>

Best wishes,
Szczepaniak Thomas

--
Szczepaniak Thomas
Communication&  PR assistant
V2_Institute For The Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam
The Netherlands

top - Verein zur Förderung kultureller Praxis e.V.
http://www.top-ev.de

http://oberliht.com