[oberlist] DE* call/perf: INSTANT ACTS against violence and racism

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Sat May 5 18:40:03 CEST 2012

Berlin, Germany

interkunst e.V.
INSTANT ACTS against violence and racism

Actors, musicians, dancers, acrobats wanted
www.interkunst.de/en/application-for-artist

Interkunst e.V. (Berlin) is looking for young performing artists from all
corners of the world for their upcoming theatre und music tour “INSTANT
ACTS against violence and racism”. The project lasts around 8 weeks from
the beginning of September 2012. We are looking for both, individuals and
groups of 2 max 3 persons (age between 17 and 29) who are active in
theatre, dance, music, circus, x-sport etc. We want to create an
international ensemble of 15 talented and creative people who are open for
new experiences. The artists will come from different cultural backgrounds
and represent various types of performance art. Together we strive to make
audiences aware of the different faces of violence and racism. Through
interactive workshops and a high quality performance the project aims to
motivate young people to lead active and creative lives. “INSTANT ACTS”
works effectively against prejudices, violence and racism. Invited artists
are requested to bring pre-prepared short performances for the project
(max 10 min), based on their personal experiences and ideas concerning the
subject matter (against violence and racism). During the short rehearsal
process prior to the tour, we will work together as a group to create
original pieces as well. With the help of an artistic director, all the
elements will then be brought together to create one professional touring
show (75 min). Once on tour the artists will lead theatre, dance. music
(etc.) workshops for local youths. The morning workshops will be followed
by an afternoon performance. We will present our project in schools,
theatres, churches, youth/cultural-centres and prisons. Lodging, catering,
transport and salary are provided for the artists.

The application should include following information:

Personal data: name, date of birth, nationality, picture
Your artistic history and experiences, preferably with demo tape / link
Description of your capability to lead a workshop with young people
Motivation to take part in this project
Please send your application as soon you can, by the 31st of May, 2012 at
the latest, by email or by post (below). Selected applicants will be asked
to prepare a short presentation for the project.

data limita: 31/05/12

Kontakt:
interkunst e.V.
postfach 62 03 62