[oberlist] PL* call/expo/foto: Exhibition of street photography of the Eastern Partnership countries

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Mon Jul 15 16:21:56 CEST 2013

Exhibition of street photography of the Eastern Partnership countries

http://epccongress.eu/en/streetphotographycall/

We invite you to take part in the exhibition of street photography which
will be held within the Integrations−Mediations festival in Lublin,
Poland in October 1−30, 2013.
It will be the first presentation of street photography by such a great
number of artists from the Eastern Partnership countries with special
reference to Eastern Europe and such countries as Armenia, Azerbaijan,
Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Poland and Ukraine.
The selected photos will be professionally prepared for display and
presented in the newly open building of the Centre for Culture in Lublin.
A special catalogue with information on the presented works’ authors will
be published and a discussion on documenting public spaces will be held.
Idea:
Our intention is to present a group portrait of people in public spaces of
Eastern European cities. The questions we pose are: What kind of changes
do they experience and what kind of interactions do they participate in?
How does an individual shape her/his environment and how does it influence
her/his life? What is hidden under the surface of dailiness? The formula
of street photography fits ideally to this subject matter, but we do not
understand it in a narrow, conventional way: the exhibition may feature
also broadly defined documentary photography insofar as separate shots but
not photo series are presented.
Criteria:
The open call is addressed to both professional photographers and
amateurs. We neither set age limits nor define particular parameters of
photos except for the resolution enabling A4 or alike format printing. The
basic requirement is that the photos sent should document everyday life
and public spaces in a creative way. The shots should be focused on an
individual (even if s/he is not literally present at the picture),
according to the generally known practice of street photography. The
images should be of high aesthetic, compositional and narrative value. The
photos should be taken no earlier than 30 years ago.
Curator: Tomasz Kulbowski kulbowski.com
Deadline for sending applications: August 5, 2013
Time frame:
Informing about the selection results: August 20, 2013
Sending the selected photos in resolution for printing: August 30, 2013
Opening of the exhibition: October 1, 2013
Closing of the exhibition: October 30 2013

Application form
http://epccongress.eu/en/street-photography-exhibition-form/

Kontakt:
street at epccongress.eu