[oberlist] DE* grant/urb: 3 fellowships - Urban processes in post-Soviet Space

Vladimir US vladimir at oberliht.org.md
Thu Jun 13 00:58:04 CEST 2013

Begin forwarded message:

>> From: Carola Neugebauer <C_Neugebauer at IFL-LEIPZIG.DE>
>> Date: June 11, 2013, 1:16:04 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: CITIESAFTERTRANSITION at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>> Subject: CfA: 3 fellowships - Urban processes in post-Soviet Space
>> >

>> Dear all,
>>
>> Please find below our CfA. We are looking forward to interesting
>> candidates. So please dissaminate it widely!
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Carola Neugebauer
>>

>> The Leibniz-Institute for Regional Geography (IfL) in Leipzig kindly
>> invites applications from highly qualified and motivated individuals
>> for
>>
>> 3 PhD fellowships
>>
>> to commence as soon as possible. The IfL is a non-university research
>> institute and member of the Leibniz Association with currently around
>> 70
>> employees. It is institutionally financed by the Free State of Saxony
>> and the Federal Republic of Germany in the context of a common
>> research
>> funding
>> agreement.
>>
>> The fellowships include
>> ● a monthly stipend of 1400,00 € granted for six months plus
>> financial support for confer-ences and field research,
>> ● access to the academic service infrastructure of the IfL (e.g.,
>> the
>> Central Geographical Library; The Archive for Geography; cartographic
>> and
>> IT services, scientific seminars),
>> ● individual support in terms of exchange and discussions within
>> the
>> international research network of ira.urban and
>> ● flexible working arrangements in Leipzig.
>>
>> The fellowships will be financed within the framework of the
>> international
>> comparative re-search project “Urban reconfigurations in post-
>> Soviet
>> space”
>> (ira.urban). They aim at analyz-ing and explaining continuities and
>> discontinuities in the reconfiguration of urban spaces in the light
>> of
>> traditional, reproduced Soviet and newly formed post-Soviet
>> conditions
>> as
>> well as of changing global economic and social orders. On basis of
>> transnationally comparative case study research, the project
>> focuses on
>> the
>> question to what extent urban development has become part of a
>> socially
>> negotiated adjustment processes, and a mirror of a comprehensive
>> modernisation process of urban societies in the republics of the
>> former
>> Soviet Union.
>>
>> The fellowships will be offered to researchers working in one or more
>> of the
>> following three fields:

> [...]

Vladimir US

CHIOSC   |   curator

http://chiosc.oberliht.com
http://plic.oberliht.com
http://chisineu.wordpress.com
http://bucuresti68.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/Oberliht

Proiectul CHIOSC este realizat cu suportul financiar al Fundatiei
Culturale Europene http://www.eurocult.org

http://oberliht.com

tel/fax:	+ (373 22) 286317
email: 	vladimir at oberliht.org.md