[oberlist] Youth Exchange 'Mind Your Heritage' (looking for Dutch participants!)

Hanna Michiels hannamichiels at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:35:17 CET 2013

<PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO WHOM EVER MIGHT BE INTERESTED>

Looking for Dutch participants to take part in the International Youth
Exchange “Mind Your Heritage!” to be held in the Republic of Moldova.

The idea of this youth exchange comes from the real problem existing
nowadays in the city of Chisinau. The old buildings, that represent the
important cultural heritage and reflect on the history of the city and its
citizens, are being destroyed or rebuilt and transformed into the modern
restaurants, bars or hotels to attract more tourism investments. Therefore,
the esthetic appearance of the city along with its historical background
has being rapidly vanishing leaving no signs of the old times cultural
glory and its citizens and international visitors lose any connection to
the historical past of the city. Instead of promoting the architectural
richness of the city of Chisinau nationally and internationally, that
combines different styles and epochs, local authorities step by step
transform the city into the soulless urban centre with grey plastic
constructions. And therefore we feel that it’s our time to unite the forces
and act!

Methodology of the youth exchange follows the main principals of non-formal
education and training in Europe. Main approaches that will be followed
during the youth exchange are experiential learning, intercultural
learning, active participation and group dynamics. And, of course, as one
of the important focuses for us is the city of Chisinau
itself, then we plan to organize the City Quest to discover the historical
monuments and create our own map on the old city!

Overall, variety of methods will be used during the training course:
- City Quest exercise (practical exercises, team work, etc.)
- Role play games
- Work in mixed groups
- Theoretical inputs and plenary presentations
- Tasks containing experiential learning elements
- Working in international groups on project development
- Action planning
- Meeting with officials and civil society representatives
- Discovering, appreciating and sharing!

All food and accommodation will be provided without any cost. Travel
expenses will be reimbursed for 70%.

Are you interested and do the following criteria apply to you. Send a short
motivation e-mail in English or Dutch to hannamichiels at gmail.com.
- Living in the Netherlands
- To be over 18 years old and younger then 30 years old
- Interested in culture/architecture/history/urban development
- Committed to fully participate in the youth exchange
- Able to communicate in English