[oberlist] AZ* call/air: Yarat´s international artist residency

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Tue Nov 5 23:36:01 CET 2013

Baku, Azerbaijan
perioada: 2014

YARAT Contemporary Art Organisation
Yarat´s international artist residency

Call for proposal

YARAT invites you to submit a proposal for Yarat´s international artist
residency program, located in Baku, Azerbaijan. The residency would be for
2 weeks during 2014 and we ask participants to create a series of
workshops, lectures or participatory activities for artists as part of
their residency.

YARAT is a not-for-profit contemporary art organisation based in
Azerbaijan. They curate exhibitions throughout the year, organise
education events and support a group of artists through a gallery and
participation in biennials around the world. YARAT are dedicated to
nurturing an understanding of contemporary art in Azerbaijan and to
creating a platform for Azerbaijani artists, both nationally and
internationally.

There is a nascent contemporary art scene in Baku, with artists drawing
from a rich cultural history as well as a growing contemporary art
´infrastructure´ in Central Asia. YARAT´s mission to educate means they
are keen to draw on an ever wider audience of artistic input, and are
actively seeking applicants for an on-going master class and workshop
programme in Baku. We have so far arranged residencies for Jordan Baseman,
RCA Head of Sculpture, Mark Dunhill, Dean of Art Central St Martins
(Sculpture), Paul Coldwell, Professor of Fine Art (Printmaking), all of
whom are heading out to Baku over the Autumn.

Ideally you will be an established fine art professional, with several
years´ experience teaching both small and large groups of young artists,
and a significant career as an artist. Russian language is not a
pre-requisite but is very helpful.

Expenses covered include: flights, accommodation, materials, per diem.
Further details are available on request.

To apply, please send a CV and initial cover letter (max 2 pages) to:

florence at pelhamcommunications.com

Please ensure your letter states clearly:
- the week(s) you would like to come (we don´t recommend mid-summer, but
otherwise any time in 2014)
- the reason you are interested in this residency and in delivering a
masterclass in Azerbaijan
- outlined proposal(s) of the workshop(s), lectures or participatory events
- outlined proposal(s) of the art you would like to make while in
Azerbaijan, or if this is not possible, the aspects of our country that
inspire you to make work.

data limita: 30/11/13

Kontakt:
YARAT Contemporary Art Organisation