[oberlist] DE* INT* call for artists/cinemas/clubs nEUROPA

Kultur Aktiv - Mirko Sennewald mirko.sennewald at kulturaktiv.org
Tue Oct 1 13:57:52 CEST 2013

In framework of our project "nEUROPA" we are looking for participants to the
2 following projects:

- Camera nEUROPA I: exhibition "What means Germany to me..."

- Camera nEUROPAII: Eurotrixx

Project descriptions you find down below. We are looking for 1)
photographers and 2) movie-makers and 3) those, who are interested in
showing the Eurotrixx movies in their location.

"nEUROPA are those, who accept and actively support the peaceful and
tolerant exchange of art and culture".

Camera nEUROPA I: exhibition "What means Germany to me."

Up to now we have predominantly showed photographies from Central- & Eastern
Europe in our own gallery "neue osten". The photos have been reflecting
local life and producing in these countries. With our project "What means
Germany to me..." once we would like to change the focus and organize an
international exhibition together with the artists from nEUROPA, mainly the
focused regions of Kultur Aktiv's work (Southern Caucasus, Balkan, Belarus).
They will present their views on Germany. What means Germany for these
artists, which emotions, which experiences, which products and marks, which
way of life, which political relations, which cultural activities etc.
connect them with our country?

Each of the artists is allowed to provide one photography for the
exhibition. Thus, he/she will be forced to work and to think about the
picture. All the photos have the same size A3. Deadline for application:
31.3.2014

Only artists from nEUROPA can participate. They have to live in their
countries and can't be residents of Germany. We want to present an
undisguised view about Germany from outside and it doesn't matter, if some
of the artist does have already visited Germany or not. We plan the
participation of about 30 artists and we will also access to international
important photographers, who have already been presented in our magazine
"partisanen" or in the gallery "neue osten".

A catalogue can be prepared, which presents photographers from our network
and their work. This catalogue have been planned already in year 2012, but
because of lack of money it couldn't be realized.

The exhibition  is planned to take place at "Cargo Gallery", a swimming
gallery at the river Elbe. The "Cargo Gallery" is a formerly cargo ship,
which was rebuild into a cultural house. The ship is owned and run by our
partner Nike o.s. from Czech Republic. The "Cargo Gallery" will stop in
Dresden in July-September 2014.

Camera nEUROPA II: EUROTRIXX - nEUROPEAN Moving Animation Cinema

1)    Project intention

The main issue of Kultur Aktiv e.V. is to develop mutual activities within
countries and among them. This is based on the will to understand and
respect each other with all sorts of inequalities resulting from
inde-pendent developments and special cultural characteristics.

Club nEUROPA and the whole project Cargo Gallery 2014 are both embedded in
this idea. The term nEU-ROPA is meant to underline our conviction, that
Europe is more than the EU-Europe and to encourage reflections about this.
The aim is thus to create and support a co-operation between Kultur Aktiv
e.V. and participating partners.

Due to our experiences, at the very beginning of mutual projects different
languages appear as an obstacle in communication. This is where EUROTRIXX,
as a part of Club nEUROPA, is going to start.

2)    Concept

Animation films belong to a genre which can often do without any words. They
can be presented regardless any borders and without the necessity of usual
translations. EUROTRIXX - nEuropaen Moving Animation Cinema brings exactly
this idea into focus, setting priorities in first place onto EU-countries
but also the outlying European regions.

EUROTRIXX - is a non-commercial moving animation cinema, started in Dresden,
which is further going to be shown in all participating countries. It has
come into being from a low budget concept and is meant to be continued once
a year or every second year (after the evaluation of the first edition). The
concept of EUROTRIXX has an unique position feature and corresponds with the
idea of developing the current technical production. Moreover, it offers an
easily transported form of presentation which is usable almost everywhere.

The animation program is intended to last for app. 90 minutes. The films are
to be on average 10 minutes long each and presented on a digital data
medium. A single film should not be older than 10 years (younger if
possible). We set no strong genre limits. Our main criteria is that the film
is understandable without language in all countries.

For the present, we keep contacts to partners from Latvia, Estonia, Poland,
Georgia, Czech Republic and the Balkans.

3)    Time span

Deadline for submission of a movie is: 31.3.2014. EUROTRIXX will start
during  Cargo Gallery in July 2014 at Dresden. Afterwards, the film program
will travel in co-operation with the partner organizations from
nEurope-countries.

4)    Organizer EUROTRIXX

Kultur Aktiv e.V. was founded 2002 in Dresden with the target to support the
cultural life of town districts. During the last 10 years the organization
developed to a body which knows how to network and present art and culture
locally and internationally. We curry out annually national and
international projects with app. 30 single events. Our team work in over 15
countries on programs focused on Eastern Europe. Additionally, we offer all
interested persons/organizations a base for the development of own ideas and
projects from different culture branches.

Project leaders of EUROTRIXX:

Holger Wendland is a fine artist, editor, curator.

Uwe Penckert is a film scientist, curator.

Both project  leaders have been working so far at different projects of the
association and in other cultural fields.

5)    Contacts to EUROTRIXX

-    contact: Uwe Penckert:  <mailto:u.penckert at freenet.de>
u.penckert at freenet.de

-     contact: Holger Wendland: edition-raute at t-online.de

-     More information about Kultur Aktiv e.V. under: www.kulturaktiv.de

KULTUR AKTIV e.V.

Mirko Sennewald

1. Vorsitzender

Post&Rechnungen:       Louisenstr. 29, D - 01099 Dresden

Buero:      Bautzner Str. 49, D - 01099 Dresden

Tel:        +49-(0)-351-811 37 55

mobil:      +49-(0)-176-1007 3498

global:     +44-745-205 72 25

Fax:        +49-(0)-351-811 37 54

Internet:    <http://www.kulturaktiv.org> www.kulturaktiv.org

mail:        <mailto:mirko.sennewald at kulturaktiv.org>
mirko.sennewald at kulturaktiv.org

skype:      kulturaktiv-mobil

-----

Vertretungsberechtigter Vorstand:

Mirko Sennewald, 1. Vorsitzender

Uwe Penckert, 2. Vorsitzender

Thomas Richter, Schatzmeister

eingetragen im Vereinsregister Amtsgericht Dresden VR 4087