[oberlist] LT* call/danc: invitation for international dance experts

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Thu Apr 24 13:35:37 CEST 2014

Invitation for international dance experts: dance producers, curators,
programmers, critics etc.
http://dance.lt/en/354217/dance_news/announcements/invitation-for-international-dance-experts-dance-producers-curators-programmers-critics-etc

Due to the impressive development of Lithuanian contemporary dance in the
couple of last years, Lithuanian Dance Information Centre has decided to
put efforts to organise dance experts´ exchanges and would be glad to
welcome international dance guests –programmers, curators, producers,
critics etc. – to get to know Lithuanian contemporary dance scene, to meet
the artists, to explore the working and performance spaces and to
contribute to a possible future collaborations, artistic and/or critical
exchanges.

With generous support of The Lithuanian Council for Culture, we are ready
to implement short term visits of international dance professionals to
Lithuania, to enable you to get acquainted with Lithuanian dance scene or
concrete dance operators. We can help with logistics and provide
accommodation within Lithuania, will ensure possibilities to see the
performances and to meet the requested dance personalities. We also might
be able to assist with international travels to and from Lithuania.

During last few years Lithuanian contemporary dance scene has experienced
a remarkable growth which is based on a variety of dance stiles, artistic
approaches and socio-critical voices. Flexibility and openness on one hand
and strong voice on another are features of Lithuanian choreography
nowadays. Impressive that this growth of Lithuanian dance is getting more
visible in the daily media and the Lithuanian audience is open and willing
to take a challenge of triggering the nerve by contemporary dance works.

We are happy and proud to have choreographers working with pure movements
(Vytis Jankauskas, Loreta Juodkaitė), with dance theatre aesthetics
(Aira Naginevičiūtė, Rūta Butkus), working
philosophically and interdisciplinary (Agnija Šeiko), combining urban with
contemporary dance (urban dance theatre “Low Air”), criticising social
issues (dance theatre “Aura”), conceptualizing Lithuanian history of dance
(Austėja Vilkaitytė, Mantas Stabačinskas, Agnė
Ramanauskaitė, Paulius Tamolė), creating professional dance
pieces for children and young audiences (dance theatre “Dansema”), etc.

Choreographers, such as Andrius Katinas (Finland), Ugnė
Dievaitytė (Spain), Ieva Kuniskis (UK), Vilma Pitrinaitė
(Belgium-France), Andrius Mulokas (Netherlands) etc., all working and
residing abroad are constant guests of dance festivals in Lithuania and
make our dance field even more diverse and culturally rich.

You can see excerpts from the premieres of 2013 here: Lithuanian Dance
Scene 2013: https://vimeo.com/album/2682347

If you are interested, please, write a short motivation letter (please,
mention the desired period of such the professional visit) to the
programme coordinator Ingrida Gerbutaviciute ingrida at dance.lt with copy to
info at dance.lt.
Hope to see you soon in Lithuania! -- Lithuanian Dance Information Centre

Invitation for international dance experts
http://dance.lt/files/various/Invitation%20for%20international%20dance%20experts.pdf

--
Oberliht, Young Artists Association
http://oberliht.com