[oberlist] ArtLeaks Gazette No.2 : (An)Other Art World(s)? Imagination Beyond Fiction now online!

Art Leaks artsleaks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 09:12:06 CEST 2014

​

We are very happy to announce the release of our latest issue of the
ArtLeaks Gazette. Entitled (An)Other Art World(s)? Imagination Beyond
Fiction
While in our previous issue we sought to bring awareness of the
challenges and obstacles of the contemporary art system as a initial,
necessary first step in enacting meaningful transformations, with this
gazette we aim to move beyond exposure and breaking the silence,
towards ways of engagement - or what does it mean to be agents of
change in the art world today? What are the conditions and
possibilities of alternative art worlds? How can we engage and use our
imagination, avoiding, at the same time, the traps of utopian thinking?

The gazette is freely available to read here: http://issuu.com/vladanrena/docs/artleaks_gazette_2_press

As a learning tool, this gazette is meant to contribute to the
critical debates around censorship, exploitation and abuse highlighted
on our online archive since 2011. We hope many of you will use it in
your own self-organized schools, seminars, workshops, protest
meetings, and join our community to push these issues even further. We
encourage you to share it widely with your peers that may be interested.

The gazette is also available via print on demand. You can make an
order by sending us an email at: artsleaks at gmail.com

The gazette includes texts by: Corina L. Apostol, Larissa Babij,
Daniel Blochwitz, Joanna Figiel, Noah Fischer with Artur Żmijewski,
Vladan Jeremić and Rena Rädle, Sean Lowry and Nancy de Freitas,
Andrea Pagnes, Heath Schultz, Andrey Shental

Visual works reproduced in the gazette are by: Assembly for Culture
Ukraine, Roisin Beirne with Clare Breen, Andreas Kindler Von Knobloch,
David Lunney, John Ryan and Tom Watt, Daniel Blochwitz, Department of
Biological Flow, Noah Fischer with Pawel Althamer and Artur Žmijewski,
G.U.L.F. (Global Ultra Luxury Faction), Ellie Harrison, Vladan Jeremić
and Rena Rädle, Deana Jovanović, Mark Shorter, Occupy Museums (OM),
OFSW (Citizen Forum for Contemporary Arts), Self Organized Seminar
(SOS), Iulia Toma, Winter Holiday Camp

Graphic interventions for this issue: Federico Geller

ArtLeaks Gazette editors: Corina L. Apostol, Vladan Jeremić and Raluca
Voinea

Editing assistance: Jasmina Tumbas

Special thanks also to: Vlad Morariu and Dmitry Vilensky

http://art-leaks.org/2014/06/15/artleaks-gazette-no-2-another-art-worlds-imagination-beyond-fiction-now-online/

--

ArtLeaks // It is time to break the silence!

http://art-leaks.org/

artsleaks at gmail.com