[oberlist] IT* call: DEFAULT 15: INVESTIGATION ON THE EXTREME LAND

ober at emdash.org ober at emdash.org
Mon Apr 27 02:52:53 CEST 2015

http://www.ramdom.net/en/2015/04/default15-call-for-application/

Subject: Default 15: the call is open!
From:    "RAMDOM" <news at ramdom.net>
Date:    Tue, April 14, 2015 9:20 am
To:      ober at emdash.org

DEFAULT 15: INVESTIGATION ON THE EXTREME LAND
workshop and residency, 13th -19th July 2015
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 10th May 2015
Hi all,
we are excited to announce a new edition of Default as part of
"Investigation on the extreme land".
DEFAULT 15 is an international artistic project hosted in the heel of
Italy’s Apulia region (Gagliano del Capo, LE), in the centre of the
Mediterranean. Currently in its third edition, this year we present a new
topic and format. DEFAULT 15 will provide a context to discuss, imagine
and put forward sustainable ideas and artistic production related to the
"extreme land" as part of an investigative process launched by Ramdom in
2014 in the frame of GAP project.

THE PROJECT

Ramdom association is calling for artists and researchers to take part in
a 7-day group investigation aimed at ideas related to extreme lands and
remote areas. The project will focus on the life, culture and social
relations of extreme lands where geographic dislocation also functions as
a socio-anthropological characteristic of the people who live there. The
notion of "extreme" as a point of departure confronts challenges to
survival as addressed by many scholars and artists particularly relating
to climate and environmental conditions. Situated at the tip of southeast
Italy on the Mediterranean, Gagliano del Capo poses as an ideal geographic
location to explore diverse interpretations on human and natural
landscapes in the context of "extreme".

"I believe looking ahead from the extreme lands is a way of calibrating
 our limits and a way to meet our expanding abilities to understand
our world beyond our comprehension," Carlos Casas

DEFAULT 15 will offer the opportunity for selected artists and researchers
to be a part of and contribute to an investigation of the extreme land.

 Guest Artist will be the film-maker and visual artist Carlos Casas
(www.carloscasas.net).

--
Oberliht, Young Artists Association
http://oberliht.com