[oberlist] UA* evnt: TEMPORARY VISIBILITIES: art interventions in city spaces (Chernivtsi)

ober ober at emdash.org
Tue Jul 14 01:23:52 CEST 2015

TEMPORARY VISIBILITIES: art interventions in city spaces

When: July 18-19 / 25-26
Where: Chernivtsi, Ukraine

TEMPORARY VISIBILITIES is a laboratory of an urban activism which was
conducted in Chernivtsi during March - July, 2015. In March 14 young
activists gathered together to explore abandoned/vacant city spaces and
conduct a series of art interventions. Our goal was to create a platform
for cooperation and search for strategies of mutual actions and also try
out the methods of team work through collective mapping of abandoned
spaces and mutual actions organisation. Plus, we wanted to test the chosen
spaces for their capacity as art or public centres, places for dialogue
etc.

In the course of our work we have chosen four location for interventions:
cinema "Ukraine", inner yard of the Local History Museum, empty space in
front of the former Jewish shelter on Barbussa street and Prut river quay.
During 18-19 and 25-26 of July project partisipants will try to fill them
with events, creatively rethinking their history and their present.

Interventions schedule:

18.07, 10:00
"Ukraine" cinema
(Kobylianskoi st., 51)
Pop-up interactive filming location / Interventions opening

19.07, 19:00
Empty space in front of the former Jewish shelter
(Barbussa st., 25)
Sound installation concerning the topic of memory/ Voices of the private
stories

25.07, 19:00
Inner yard of the Local History Museum
(Kobylianskoi st., 28)
Land-art / Storytelling session

26.07, 19:00
Prut river quay
Quest (deprture from Philarmony square every 20 minutes from 19.00 to
20.00) / Self-excursion / Games/ Grizzly Faye (UA-PL) concert / DJ-set /
Movie screening / Bahattia-party

Entrance is free and desirable!

Project is conducted by an initiative Roşa Collective (together with
54°+ (Kaunas, LT) and CADAM. (Munich, GE) and supported by MitOst
та European Cultural Foundation in the framework of Tandem
Culture Managers Exchange - Ukraine.

A publication with research results and participants' and mentors'
reflections will be the outcome of the project. Meanwhile the photos and
texts of the research will be published on the blog:
www.temporaryvisibilities.tumblr.com

--
З повагою
Наталя