[oberlist] FW: Invitation to the Stop and Go – Workshop in Sofia April 1st to 4th 2015

US Vladimir us_v at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:53:00 CEST 2015

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:17:00 +0200
To: hies.newsletter at him.at
From: hies.newsletter at him.at
Subject: Invitation to the Stop and Go – Workshop in Sofia April 1st to 4th 2015

Dear friends and colleagues,

Emi Karaboeva, our local research partner, Nikola Venkov, our co-organizer, and we ourselves cordially want to invite you to our interdisciplinary workshop in Sofia:

Stop and GO – Mapping Routes and Nodes of Transnational Mobility and Migration

Lectures, Exhibitions and Discussions on Issues of Mobilities and Migration and the Transformation of Social Space alongside Major Transnational Roads Corridors

The goal of the workshop is to introduce our our current research project STOP and GO, investigating social network nodes alongside transnational European road corridors between Vienna, Tallinn, and the Turkish-Bulgarian border, to exchange ideas about related projects, and to intensify our research network in Bulgaria. Invited are both scholars (of several disciplines), artists (of all kind), curators, and experts on issues of mobilities and migration and their impact on the social production of space to present their theoretical approach, methods, and case studies, of themselves or by others, related to or appropriate for our project,

Presentations Evening 1

Things Done
Wednesday, April 1st, 18:30 - 21:00

Dimitrovgrad: Market/place and Mobilities
Velislava Petrova, Assist. professor in Theory and History of Culture, PhD Paris Descartes/University of Sofia 2010.

The outsourcing of suffering: Women from Northwestern Bulgaria working as "badante" in Italy
Diana Ivanova, Journalist and writer, manager and curator of GOATMILK Festival of Memories (Bela Rechka).

Networking Eurasia: Bulgarian international truck drivers and SO MAT during the Cold war
Emilia Karaboeva , PhD student in History of Technology, Eindhoven Technological University and Plovdiv University

On Story books
Veselina Nikolaeva, Narrative Photographer

The Women’s Market: the public intervention that never happened
Nikola Venkov, PhD student in Urban Studies, Dept. of Sociology, University of Sofia

Presentations Evening 2

Things DoingThursday, April 2nd, 18:30 - 21:00

Geographies of brands: The case of fashion brands in Bulgaria
Ulrich Ermann, Professor of Human Geography, Dept. of Geography and Regional Science, University of Graz

Stop and Go.
Presentation of the proceedings of the current research project including theoretical and methodological references from mobility studies and mapping approaches from International scientific and art projects
Michael Hieslmair and Michael Zinganel, Artists, Curators, Cultural Scientists and Architecture Theorists, Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna

The Plovdiv Fair: A crosspoint of meetings and thought exchange
Mila Zlatanova, Dipl. Architect, Sofia

Workshop Day 3

Things To Be Done
Saturday, April 4th 11:00 – 13:00

Open mapping mobilities workshop based on participants experience and knowledge
Planning of further collaborations for research, workshops, and exhibitions in Tallinn and Vienna

All workshops will happen at transformatori lab in the basement of the faculty of architecture:
http://transformatori.net/map-transform-lab/

We will be also available in Sofia on Thursday and Friday for meeting people and doing research on site

Please share the project and event via Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/stopandgotranshttps://www.facebook.com/events/415759641939960/

To remind you on the entire project, here you find all available information:

About (very short): http://stopandgo-transition.netAbstract (more comprehensive) : http://stopandgo-transition.net/abstract/Reference (self-positioning in scientific and artistic discourse): http://stopandgo-transition.net/references/Method (how WE want to work): http://stopandgo-transition.net/method/Literature (what WE have read so far: http://stopandgo-transition.net/literature/Milestone (what happened so far as a calendar): http://stopandgo-transition.net/milestones/Blog (what happened so far with photos and short texts): http://stopandgo-transition.net/blog/Roadmap (where we have been so far): http://stopandgo-transition.net/map/Reports (summeries of what we and team members experienced): http://stopandgo-transition.net/publications/

looking forward meeting you in Sofia

all the best

Michael Hieslmair and Michael Zinganel

Michael Zinganel und Michael Hieslmair