[oberlist] EUROPE# call: Artistic projects dealing with the refugee crisis

ober ober at emdash.org
Fri Nov 13 20:52:55 CET 2015

Call for contributions: Artistic projects dealing with the refugee crisis
https://www.ietm.org/en/news/call-for-contributions-artistic-projects-dealing-with-the-refugee-crisis

While an increasing number of people flee their devastated countries and
seek shelter in the "dreamland" Europe - Europe itself does not seem to be
ready for this unprecedented change.

How do artists react to this new reality that challenges the tolerance and
democratic aspirations of our societies? Can arts do anything that
politics, economics and media can’t? What is the role of arts in building
bridges between local communities and refugees?  How open is the arts
field to embrace the newcomers in their practice?

The next edition of our "Engage!" Newsletter will be fully dedicated to
arts projects tackling this topic - those that raise awareness, promote
tolerance, heal the emotional wounds, foster social inclusion, give voice
to the local communities and more.

Does your artistic project fit in this theme? Please let us know!

To submit your project, please complete this simple form before November 16.

Contribution form:
https://www.ietm.org/en/artistic-projects-dealing-with-refugees

--
Asociatia Oberliht / Association