[oberlist] Fwd: BE FESTIVAL call out - Moldova

Duncan Ballantyne (BE Festival) duncan at befestival.org
Thu Oct 8 14:36:16 CEST 2015

Hi there - Vladimir recommended i send this to you.

Would it be possible to add to the Oberlist website?

Its a festival in BIrmingham UK and we’d like to see if they’re are interested groups in Moldova.

Please see info below.

Best

Duncan Ballantyne
BE FESTIVAL Producer

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> I wanted to contact you directly as our theatre/performance/visual arts festival in Birmingham UK has just announced its stage based open call for the festival in June 2016. We invite many artists from around Europe and we are extending out hand out especially to countries in the eastern part of the continent.
>
> I noticed on your website that you have a news feed. If you can, would be great to spread the news on that and to any artists or performance groups that you know. You’d be most welcome if you wanted to forward this email onto interested parties.
>
> Let me know if you’d like to know any further information.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Duncan Ballantyne
>
> Producer
> BE FESTIVAL
> www.befestival.org
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> A quick note to say that we’ve just launched our call out for next year’s BE FESTIVAL (21-25 June). If there is a possibility to share this news through your networks that would be really appreciated.
>
> HOW TO APPLY: http://befestival.org/get-involved/how-to-apply/
>
> DEADLINE: 15/12/2015 – 23:00
>
> Share on Facebook: www.facebook.com/befestival/posts/10153752306597125
>
> Retweet this post: https://twitter.com/befestival/status/651002934700937216
>
> Companies from across Europe can apply to perform at BE FESTIVAL (21-25 June 2016). You can apply either with a finished show or with a piece that is still in development. Performances at BE can be no longer than 30 minutes, so some pieces may need to be adapted. The ethos of the festival is to cross borders, so we will programme work that crosses borders (linguistic, cultural, artistic) and which inspires people of all nationalities.
>
> BE FESTIVAL is a powerful showcase opportunity as performances are watched by national and international programmers. Companies who performed at BE have since been programmed at London International Mime Festival, The Barbican, South Bank Centre, The Lowry, Traverse Theatre, Bilbao ACT Festival, Rome Short Theatre Festival and Sarajevo MESS Festival to name a few.
>
> Furthermore, it’s an opportunity to explore ideas and build new collaborations with performers from across Europe. Selected companies will be provided with accommodation, meals, transport in Birmingham, a small fee to support the company adapting the piece to the festival’s format and will get free access to world-class workshops, feedback, discussions and opportunities for professional development.
>
> A jury of theatre and dance professionals awards 6 main prizes at BE FESTIVAL:
>
> – one Development Prize: £1500 and a funded residency to develop your work and perform it at BE FESTIVAL the following year;
> – the ACT Festival Prize: a funded performance in Bilbao;
> – the MESS Festival Prize: a funded performance in Sarajevo;
> [...]

Duncan Ballantyne
BE FESTIVAL Producer

BE FESTIVAL 2016 | June 21 - 25

Head-spinning performances from Europe’s four corners
www.befestival.org

"There is plenty to savour at the boundary-smashing BE FESTIVAL"  The Guardian
"Wildly flavoursome" ★★★★ The Times

www.iyma.eu
Supporting artists in developing and touring their work internationally