[oberlist] CfAs: journalism program Eastern Europe (Cross Border Journalism)

RBCM Network netzwerk at kulturmanager.net
Tue Oct 13 21:55:34 CEST 2015

A few calls for applications reached us, so if you are looking for new challenges, here you go:

Perspektivy

The new digital era of media, and the globalisation of economic and political processes have brought new challenges to journalism. In particular, they have highlighted the need for journalists to develop international professional networks in order to understand regional characteristics and better cover transnational stories.

Against this background, we are delighted to raise your attention to Perspektivy, a programme that aims at developing skills on (media) reporting, at the promotion thereof in the challenging environment of the digital era, and at contributing to mutual regional understanding. Perspektivy is a joint initiative by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and the Fritt Ord Foundation.

Call for applications

We warmly invite journalists in the early stages of their career to apply for Perspektivy’s new scheme which aims to connect journalists in cross-border collaboration. Journalists from Russia, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, the Baltic and the Caucasus will have the opportunity to work together to produce stories through partnership and collaboration that transcend their national border. They will be offered grants, distance mentoring and seminars to help them to produce insightful stories.

The programme will begin with a kick-off workshop in Moscow on 3-4 December 2015. In the subsequent mentoring phase, cross-border teams will work on joint stories which they will present on 4-5 February 2016.

Further information and application details can be found at: http://www.perspektivy.media/whats-happening/i/?id=edf73768-002b-4446-a333-9f36c33cae11

The application window is open until 2 November 2015.

We strongly appreciate the forwarding of the call for applications to potential applicants and other interested parties.

For any further questions, please contact: natalia.pisarenko at thomsonreuters.com.