[oberlist] nowwemakeourowntv.org

Mariia Gonchar mariya.gonchar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:42:19 CET 2016

Project “TV has attacked us all our lives, now we fight back. Now we make
our own TV/Nam June Paik” <http://nowwemakeourowntv.org/> on TV channel
"Odessa" in Ukraine is dedicated to issue of actual video art and media
activism, documentation and fixation of actual performance, slide show of
photography art, audiovisual works in context of visual and media culture,
films in context of actual art.
In December 2015-March 2016 curatorial selections of Zachęta National
Gallery of Art <http://www.zacheta.art.pl/en> walk-through video
documentation of exhibitions are being broadcast on TV Channel «Odessa»
<http://odessatv.tumblr.com/> in Ukraine within project «TV has attacked us
all our lives, now we fight back. Now we make our own TV/Nam June Paik».
Translated text summaries of temporary shows staged by Zachęta National
Gallery of Art are supposed to facilitate access to art education for local
Odessa region community. Particular attention was paid to outstanding
teamwork details as it’s important to remember the importance of teamwork.
These broadcast selections capture 1991-2010-s time trends or radical
trends in exposition and representation of art in Zachęta National Gallery
of Art in the Republic of Poland. It is necessary to mention that history
of exhibitions is going through extensive interest of professional
community and it is established as a subject of academic research. This
work would not have been possible without the advice and support of Marta
Miś from Zachęta National Gallery of Art, Iryna Kovalchuk and Anna
Stelmaszczyk from Adam Mickiewicz Institute <https://iam.pl/en> and
 Culture.pl <http://culture.pl/en>.

​32'31” minutes broadcast on TV channel “Odessa” in 30 January 2016 in
Ukraine  was visualized with ImageJ and ImagePlot as image plot included
walk-through video documentation of Zachęta National Gallery of Art
exhibitions “Szyk polski” 29.01-24.02.1991; “Powinność i bunt. Akademia
Sztuk Pięknych w Warszawie 1944-2004" 18.09-24.10.2004. 4802 frames were
visualized according to quantitative descriptions of their visual
properties (features) measured with digital image processing techniques.
Median brightness (average of grey scale values for the pixels in an image)
and median saturation (average of saturation, i.e. purity of color for each
pixel in an image) are mapped into polar coordinate system. Measurements of
brightness and saturation fall within 0-255 range. Video file was exported
as a sequence of frames. Frame rate conversion process decimated by 10 was
made in  VirtualDub v1.10.4 licensed under the GNU General Public License
(GPL). Image set was examined for appropriate image format and then
measured with ImageJ built-in command ImageMeasure. 2D visual
representation was made by Mariia Gonchar.

*http://nowwemakeourowntv.tumblr.com/
<http://nowwemakeourowntv.tumblr.com/>http://nowwemakeourowntv.org/
<http://nowwemakeourowntv.org/>nowwemakeourowntv на gmail.com
<nowwemakeourowntv на gmail.com>*