[oberlist]  Anna Khodorkovskaya HOW DEEP IS YOUR ART? - March 11th

Mobius Gallery office at mobius-gallery.com
Tue Mar 1 12:42:43 CET 2016

Anna Khodorkovskaya HOW DEEP IS YOUR ART?
Mobius Gallery - March 11th 2016, 7 pm - 1 am

View this email in your browser (http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=66905f4d61&e=71125c0307)

** The first solo show of Anna Khodorkovskaya, one of the most followed young artists of Eastern Europe, promises to be a remarkable event!
March 11th 2016, 7 pm - 1 am

Therefore, please join us in celebrating the vernissage of How Deep Is Your Art? A Tale In Two Chapters on March 11th, starting at 7 p.m., at Mobius Gallery, on # 2 Mendeleev Street.

Mobius Gallery proudly announces the opening of How Deep Is Your Art? A Tale In Two Chapters the first solo show of the artist in Bucharest, curated by Eugen Rădescu, the co-founder of Bucharest Biennale.

Born in 1985 in Moscow, Anna Khodorkovskaya graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, and The Institute of Contemporary Art in Moscow. She is the winner of the Strabag Artaward International in 2014.

Anna Khodorkovaskaya plays with the art of storytelling through different types of artistic communication, her narrative alternating between two major themes: the world of ads/marketing and the part of the economy artists are confronted with in their careers.Using multiple tools of expression, different types of choice, various formal structures and media, the artist proposes a less conventional dialogue: we select the elements of our interest out of what we call common life, we deconstruct them, analyze them and rebuild everything in a personal manner, identified as a work of art.

The messages coded in Anna Khodorkovskaya’s artworks involve a suggestive intervention regarding a new approach of the mercantile side of art, the way art can interact with other media, especially advertising, and how the tools of capitalism can be used in order to convey an eloquent message.

„In my work I like to experiment with combining different elements into a single unit. Elements can be images, objects, information, as well as other artists and their art, other fields, whole communities, and so on. I wonder how in construction of the unexpected, alternative schemes of these elements a new meaning is being born. I imagine my works as abstract systems which are filled up with content over time. Often the original vision of my ideas may change, and that's what is interesting for me: the study of how the elements of the whole influence each other and the general movement, and what problems I face in the way of implementation of the project.”
http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=b7546356af&e=71125c0307
http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=7f5e5e933d&e=71125c0307

Mobius is located on D.I. Mendeleev Street, # 2, Bucharest. The gallery hours are Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 6 pm and Sunday by appointment. For additional information please contact Roxana Gamart, +40 726 152 156 or Mira Burke, +40 729 998 199.
** (http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=dce851158c&e=71125c0307)
** (http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=c1ce2b821a&e=71125c0307)

This email was sent to oberlist at lists.idash.org (mailto:oberlist at lists.idash.org)
why did I get this? (http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage.com/about?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=16b1dfe56f&e=71125c0307&c=66905f4d61)     unsubscribe from this list (http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=16b1dfe56f&e=71125c0307&c=66905f4d61)     update subscription preferences (http://mobius-gallery.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&id=16b1dfe56f&e=71125c0307)
Mobius Gallery . 2 Mendeleev D.I. Street . Bucharest 010361 . Romania

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=df9c4865a24869a8235d090da&afl=1