[oberlist] Call for Applications: Liquid Borders - Transmedia Storytelling, Chisinau, April 18-29, 2016

Christian Rabl christianrabl19 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:51:44 CET 2016

*Call for Applications*

Together with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the
international journalists group *Publish Yourself!* are organising a
transmedia storytelling workshop in Chișinău (Moldova).

We invite you to participate from 18th to 29th of April 2016 where we will
set up the foundation for a new journalism platform reporting on and from
Eastern Europe. We want to empower you by passing on a toolset for creative
and independent reporting with words, pictures, video and other crafts.
After 10 days of inspiring work, we will launch the website with first
stories and hand over the platform to you for continuation.

The central topic of the workshop is water. We will focus on the subject's
different levels: Water as a source of life and connection as well as a
natural border to separate people and nations. A means of transport and
obstacle, freedom and political power. We will also empower you to tell
stories with cutting edge technology including mapping tools,
scrollytelling and data driven journalism.

Invited to hand in an application are students, graduates and young
professionals of all disciplines and academic fields (social sciences,
humanities, fine arts, etc.) from *Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova*: If you
have any experience in writing articles, publishing, drawing/painting,
photography, graphic design please complete the application form:

Please download the application form from the site: 2016.nouamagazine.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2F2016.nouamagazine.com%2F&h=IAQHTOv8j&enc=AZOlRhjJ8CFpdknZioZDi-iNBSj82lPYJef3WpN5zcWsKN_81Ev9FGsSlgK90BN-WSw&s=1>
and send your application to *Sophia.Bellmann at gmail.com
<Sophia.Bellmann at gmail.com>*

*Application deadline: 1st April*, 8 p.m. CET

Once you have applied, you will receive a confirmation e-mail until 4th
April.