[oberlist] Dr. Noa Roei's 'Making National Heritage Move: Ilya Rabinovich’s Museutopia Projects'

Ilya Rabinovich ilyarabinovich at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:51:05 CET 2016

Dr. Noa Roei's 'Making National Heritage Move: Ilya Rabinovich’s Museutopia Projects'
View this email in your browser (http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=c8a428560d&e=f6a911715b)

** I am thrilled to share with you that recently Dr. Noa Roei published an academic paper entitled “Making National Heritage Move: Ilya Rabinovich’s Museutopia Projects” (570 Kb Pdf) (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=e46322b5a9&e=f6a911715b) , which she presented at the ESPACIO,TIEMPO Y FORMA UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE EDUCACIÓN A DISTANCIA, Madrid.

In this paper Dr. Roei examines the dynamics of inclusion and exclusion within national historical museum exhibitions by analyzing two photographic research projects of the Moldovan-Israeli artist Ilya Rabinovich. She employs Edward Said’s method of contrapuntal analysis to tease out the way in which Rabinovich disrupts the customary relation between artifacts and exhibitions. Furthermore, Dr. Roei explores how Rabinovich’s personal history of double migration is not only the driving force behind the projects, but also underlies his aesthetic rationale of disidentification.

In other news, I have also published a narrative slide show (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=154cc1e35d&e=f6a911715b) in which I speak about the notion of the Israeli Military Museum.

I would gladly appreciate any comments, questions or feedback. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm wishes,
Ilya Rabinovich

Slide show, Museutopia exhibtion at The Israeli Center for Digital Art Holon 2015

** (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=62bd9ef8c7&e=f6a911715b)
** (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=7aae9abc36&e=f6a911715b)
** (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=c1686527ea&e=f6a911715b)
** (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=91c07b6594&e=f6a911715b)
** Share (http://ilyarabinovich.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=c29729d642&e=f6a911715b)
** (http://us12.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=c8a428560d&e=f6a911715b)
** Forward (http://us12.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=cb5706c2bb58c9ff005ea7d27&id=c8a428560d&e=f6a911715b)
Copyright © 2016 Ilya Rabinovich photography, All rights reserved.
 We are connected by email or via Linkedin

Our mailing address is:
Ilya Rabinovich photography
Czaar Peterstr. 45A
Amsterdam, Nh 1018 PA