[oberlist] hangfarm - soundfarm 2017

Kovács Balázs kovacs.balazs at pte.hu
Sat Jun 3 12:20:00 CEST 2017

http://hangfarm.hu/index-en.php

Hangfarm 2017: natural functions
14-19. august 2017.
Ellend, Hungary

Hangfarm (soundfarm) is an experiment to use cutting-edge technology in
nomad agricultural setting to
create artworks and to rethink self-sustainibility in electronic arts.
The form of the experiment, Hangfarm
is a 2.5 acre exhibition place with different natural phenomenas,
outside of a village, hosting artistic
camps, therefore developing the ground idea in community.

The topic of the this year's Hangfarm is around the words, codes
written, placed into natural settings.
We encourage to propose artworks, plans, which presents themselves about
this on the following
areas: installation, audio work, performance. The presentation of the
works is scheduled to 18th august.

- Sunplugged - concert of self-powered electronic devices
During the art camp we organize a one-off Sunplugged concert - with
self-powered (solar, mechanical
etc.) electronic instruments. Feel free to contribute!

- Long-time compositions
We wait also for long-time compositions to present as follows:
We plan to present long-time compositions (minimum 1 hour long), placed
on a dedicated sound
system around the farm. Including the local context is not necessary,
but every author should count
with these circumstances.
Form: concert, installation, generative artwork.
Method of submission:
- finished artwork ready to playback or finished code to process (mp3,
wav, aiff, maxpat etc., any
sound material, which the computer can handle without the presence of
the author)
- if the work is presented / created locally, we need a short
description of the concept including
technical requirements, visual plan, sound or video excerpts

In all above fall You can send the proposals on the porta at hangfarm.hu
email address, as soon as
possible, finishing at 1st august.

As before, we wait also for help of volunteers, who could in preparation
and realisation of the project!

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1658736871099720 (in hungarian)
Previous events' documentation: see http://hangfarm.hu/index-en.php at
archives section!

Balázs Kovács

--

Kovacs Balazs, PhD
PTE Muveszeti Kar, Media- es Alkalmazott Muveszetek Intezete
e-mail: kovacs.balazs at art.pte.hu
www:
http://www.art.pte.hu/media_es_alkalmazottmuveszeti_intezet/elektronikus_zene_es_mediamuveszet_alapkepzes
www: http://www.art.pte.hu/institute_media_and_applied_arts?language=en