[oberlist] Open Call Listing Submission

apexart | Lisa Vagnoni lisa.vagnoni at apexart.org
Thu Sep 20 23:46:47 CEST 2018

Greetings,

We wanted to let you know about our upcoming open call for exhibitions
and ask if you could please post our information on Oberlist and share
with anyone you know who might be interested in submitting a proposal.
Thank you for your consideration,

Best wishes,
Lisa Vagnoni

Web Director
*apexart*
291 Church Street
New York, NY 10013
212 431 5270
www.apexart.org
------

**apexart NYC Open Call 2019-20* *
October 31, 2018, 11:59PM EST
*Application fee:* FREE
*Image:* (see attached)
*Image credit:* Felicity Hammond, /Property/, 2017, installation view.
Included in /Rendered Cities, /an apexart Open Call exhibition organized
by ANGL Collective in NYC.
https://apexart.org/opencalls.php*
*

*apexart* is accepting exhibition proposals for its NYC Open Call from
October 1-31, 2018. Three winning proposals will be presented at
apexart's NYC space as part of its**2019-20 exhibition season. Curators,
artists, writers, and creative individuals, regardless of experience
level or location, are invited to submit a proposal online.

*The submission process*
Proposals should describe focused, idea-driven, original group
exhibitions. No biographical information, CVs, links, or images will be
accepted. Submissions cannot exceed 500 words and must be submitted in
English. Jurors rate proposals based on their content and the
organizer’s ability to communicate, rather than by familiar names or
past accomplishments.

*The selection process*
Rather than convene a small panel to review hundreds of ideas,
*apexart*’s crowd-sourced voting system allows many jurors to
individually review a subset of proposals. An international jury
composed of 300+ individuals from a wide variety of professional
backgrounds will rate the proposals. Proposals are made anonymous and
randomized to make sure each receives the same consideration. *apexart*
does not influence the results of the jury.

*The results*
The submitters of the three highest-ranked proposals each receive
an**exhibition budget of up to $10,000 and work closely with the
*apexart* team to turn their ideas into *apexart* exhibitions.
Exhibition organizers are expected and challenged to work within the
funding provided to transform their winning proposals into compact,
focused, noteworthy exhibitions. It is interesting to note how prescient
our jurors have been, showing an extreme ability to forecast relevant
exhibition themes and topics.

To submit an exhibition proposal, visit apexart.org/opencalls.php
<https://apexart.org/opencalls.php> between October 1-31, 2018.
--
Lisa Vagnoni
Web Director