[oberlist] call for submissions

Edmunds Tamovics pegazsgalerija at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 21:29:24 CEST 2019

THE TASTE OF LIFE

We invite visual artists working in all fine art media to participate in
our contest. Through
this contest, we will offer 1 artist the chance to win free 3 weeks artist
residency (travel +
accomodation ) at beautiful seaside resort – ArtFarm Liepaja with further
opportunity to hold a
solo exhibition at the gallery Artpegazs, Riga in 2020. We accepting all
contemporary and fine art
submissions that clearly employ and represent the theme of contest The
theme for 2019 is Taste of
Life.

Have you ever thought about what Life actually tastes like? How its Taste
changes according
to what we feel, where we are ,what we experience and how contemporary art
should
interpret and respond to it?

Organised by:
the gallery ArtPegazs <https://www.facebook.com/pegazsgalerija/> in
co-operation with the RZ collection.inc <https://rzcollection.com/>
Location of contest exhibition:
the gallery ARTPEGAZS, Rūpniecības iela 18, Rīga, LV-1010, Latvia
Location of artist residency:
ArtFarm Liepaja, outskirts of LIEPAJA, Latvia
Show Dates:
October 30th through November 26tth, 2019
Opening Reception:
October 30th, 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
About This Contest:

In the first stage:
applications of the submitted images of works are assessed by a jury to make
a selection of works for the exhibition
In the second stage:
artworks of 30 contest finalists are assessed in the contest exhibition at
the
art gallery Artpegazs and prizes are presented
The Deadline:
Monday,September 30, 2019
The Cost:
25 Euro (about $28) per entry
The Prize:
3 weeks artist residency (travel grant +accomodation ) at Artfarm Liepaja
seaside resort
(june-september) with further opportunity to hold a solo exhibition at the
gallery Artpegazs in 2020.
Media Accepted:
Painting, Illustration, Drawing, Printmaking, Mixed media. No more than 3
twodimensional works, with the widest side of the artwork not exceeding 150
cm
Submission of the application by September 30, 2019
• application form,(please download and fill pdf or Word version)
• 1-3 images of artworks (300 DPI, jpg file, max 5 MB, file name
-name_surname_titleofwork),
• registration fee EUR 25 (Invoice is sent to the applicant after the
application has been received)
Application should be submitted via email to: pegazsgalerija at gmail.com
Please note:
After you upload your images you will receive a confirmation email. Your
images will be
added to the contest entries page within 3 business days
Notification:
October 4th, 2019 via email
The list of confirmed participants is available at https://rzcollection.com/
<https://rzcollection.com/blog#news>
The registration fee is not returned.
The works selected for the exhibition have to be submitted by October 21,
2019, at the gallery
ArtPegazs, Rūpniecības iela 18, Rīga, LV-1010, Latvia.
Incomplete or incorrectly processed applications will not be considered.
The shipping of your artworks to and from the show is not included.
All artworks must be for sale.
Commission on Sales:
art gallery will retain 30% of the sales price.
Also save the date and enjoy the award ceremony at gallery Artpegazs, Riga,
as well as the exhibition of
the award finalists works, followed by party with live music.

Resident is to be provided with:
– travel grant <EUR800 ,
– accommodation in a furnished studio apartment (studio, kitchen + living
room, household
appliances) at the ArtFarm Liepaja,
– a studio (63 m2) at the ArtFarm Liepaja ,
– PR support of the developing project
– assistance in coordination of the developing project (introduction to the
local context, meetings
arrangement, information and literature search assistance);
– official invitation letter for visa (if any)
Resident is expected to:
– submit final artworks at the end of stay for the solo exhibition at the
gallery ArtPegazs, Riga.
Logistics and other details are to be negotiated individually).

We are looking forward to seeing you!

If you have any further questions,
do not hesitate to ask by pegazsgalerija at gmail.com
<https://artpegazs.com/pegazsgalerija@gmail.com>