[oberlist] Open Call for Shorts - dance films, musicals, animations - Bucharest International Dance Film Festival (September 3 – 6, 2020, Bucharest, Romania)

Bucharest International Dance Film Festival contact at bidff.ro
Mon May 4 14:15:38 CEST 2020

Hello!

Greetings from Romania,

where Bucharest International Dance Film Festival <http://www.bidff.ro/>,
the only cinema event in Romania dedicated to dance films, launched the
open call for short dance films, musicals, and animated movies! BIDFF is
the only dance film festival in our country and it was founded out of love
for the dance film genre, with the purpose of promoting artists that work
across genres and presenting cinematographic projects in which the language
of the body explores strong narratives. Each year, the festival has a
different theme that reflects upon the contemporary realities and questions
the future of the body.

By a surprising and meaningful coincidence, as we are all confronting the
global pandemic, utopia | dystopia is the theme of the BIDFF in 2020. The
festival looks towards the future and tries to envision it. This year we
use utopian|dystopian impulses as an instrument for reflection and dance
films as a medium. We invite film directors, choreographers, visual
artists, animators, and musicians to submit their short films to the sixth
edition of the festival, that will take place in Bucharest, between
September 3 – 6. We also highly encourage filmmakers and other artists to
apply if they have a movement themed animation or a short film revolving
around the concept of utopia and dystopia.

BIDFF has a regular international and national competition dedicated to
short dance films, while also holding the new competitional category for
musicals, introduced last year. The festival awards excellence, novelty,
and courage in filmmaking, with a prize pool of 3000 euros.

SUBMISSIONS: https://filmfreeway.com/bidff2020

ABOUT THE FESTIVAL: http://www.bidff.ro/

More details about the open call for the BIDFF submissions are available in
the enclosed press release.

Deadlines: Early bird – May 31st, Regular – June 14th, Late – July 5th

We are kindly asking for your support in featuring our festival open call.
It would be wonderful to us if you could share this news with your
community.

TEASER: YouTube <https://youtu.be/vB-sFneZ81k>

Website: www.bidff.ro

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/bucharestinternationaldancefilmfestival/>
- Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/bidff.ro/>

CONTACT: contact at bidff.ro

We are deeply grateful for all your help!

Have a great day,

#StaySafe!

THANK YOU!

Bucharest International Dance Film Festival