[oberlist] Online conference // Residency program

easttopics easttopics at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:24:37 CEST 2021

Dear Editors,

My name is Fruzsina Kigyós and I’m the founder of Easttopics.  I'm writing
to you regarding an online conference and a curatorial residency program we
are organizing.

The Easttopics East Talks online program offers you the possibility to
participate in courses, lectures and discussions focusing on the CEE
contemporary art world with flexibility, wherever you are based. Composed
of presentations by curators, artists and researchers, the second
Easttopics East Talks program aims to investigate the very actual topic of Art
and Future <https://www.easttopics.com/artandfuture>.

The East Call Curatorial Residency
<https://www.easttopics.com/curatorialresidency> offers a unique
opportunity for emerging curators to gain a comprehensive insight in the
Hungarian and Slovakian contemporary art scene by examining its
characteristics and understanding them in a broader, regional context.

The programs are designed for emerging curators and students who expect to
work in the field of contemporary art. It intends to introduce participants
to current and relevant practices as well as to the mechanisms of curating
in relation to exhibitions, institutions, audiences, aesthetics and
cultural political discourse.

The reason I contacted you is to ask if it would be possible for you to
help us spread the word? It would be great if you could help us circulate
the info about the program through your channels.

Please find detailed information on the program alongside the practical
information attached. The same information can also be found on our website
<https://www.easttopics.com/east-call>.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and thank you in
advance!

best,

Fruzsina

[image: .] <http://www.easttopics.com>