[oberlist] Fwd: Open court for Uladzimir Matskevich

us vladimir us.vladimir at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:50:18 CEST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Летучий Университет <flyuniversityby at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 3:57 PM
Subject: Open court for Uladzimir Matskevich

Dear Colleagues!

In February 2022, we addressed to scientists, researchers, representatives
of the academic community and cultural figures with a request to support
the demands of the Belarusian the philosopher, the methodologist Uladzimir
Matskevich
<http://fly-uni.org/novosti/zvarot-akademichnaj-supolnasci-z-nagody-galadouki-u-mackevicha/>,
who went on a hunger strike protesting against illegal arrest and detention
with demands to be released and to transfer the case to court.

Thanks to joint efforts, including your support, Uladzimir Matskevich's
demands were partially satisfied, and it became known on April 14 that his
case was delivered to court.

Unfortunately, in Belarus today, it is difficult to count on the
objectivity and fairness of the trial. Moreover, courts in politically
motivated cases have often closed-door hearings, in violation of human
rights and international regulations. Therefore, we ask you to sign an
appeal to the court, which sets out the circumstances of the case known to
the public, the position in defense of Uladzimir Matskevich and the demand
for an open trial.

You can read the full text of the appeal and sign it here:

http://fly-uni.org/novosti/zvarot-akademichnaj-supolnasci-z-nagody-suda/

Solidarity Campaign with Uladzimir Matskevich “A Philosopher in Prison”

--
Vladimir Us