[oberlist] BIDFF extended deadline

Bucharest International Dance Film Festival contact at bidff.ro
Thu Jul 14 11:51:15 CEST 2022

Dear all,

Bucharest International Dance Film Festival extended the late submission
deadline to JULY 23rd.

Please find attached and below the short info regarding this. We would
really appreciate it if you could promote this announcement as well on your
platforms.

Many thanks and stay in touch.

Best regards,

BIDFF team

****************************

*BUCHAREST INTERNATIONAL DANCE FILM FESTIVAL 2022*

*(UN)SAFE ZONES*

*EXTENDED DEADLINE: July 23rd *

*Bucharest International Dance Film Festival
<https://bidff.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2535c062bf45235766da15559&id=afb7d81ff9&e=ad7bc9fcd6>*
invites
filmmakers, dance artists, animators, visual artists and digital art makers
to *submit their works* for the *International and Romanian Short Film
Competitions* of the festival. *The final deadline for submissions is
Friday, July 23rd!*

Through the *(un)safe zones* theme, the eighth edition of BIDFF (September
8-11, 2022) invites artists and audiences alike to witness art redefining
its shapes in a world in crisis. The artistic formats undergo mandatory
mutations: the film leaves the cinema, the dance leaves the stage, the
stage becomes a space open to debates, and the reality is radically
transformed by imaginative artistic manifestations.

*BIDFF #8 questions the future’s safety in the face of current events and
wonders what forms of art we are heading towards. What molds will movies
accede to? What topics will gain relevance as we are forced to be more
aware of national, bodily, and inner boundaries? *

*HOW TO APPLY*

► We are looking for *short dance films* that were *produced in the last
two years*, *do not exceed 20 minutes in length* and have *a minimum
quality of Full HD (1080p)*.

► The films must be *submitted through FilmFreeway -
https://filmfreeway.com/bidff2022 <https://filmfreeway.com/bidff2022> *. Before
submitting, please check the fee related to your category.

► The* final deadline for submissions** is July 23rd* . All applicants will
be informed about the outcome of their application by August 1.

The board will take into consideration *fiction, documentary and animation
films* that either *use movement to explore an idea or speak about issues
related to the body and the world of dance and performance*. We also highly
encourage you to apply if you have a short film that explores *the power of
art to change societies, questioning issues related to the ethics of
collaboration, communication, and co-existence*.

BIDFF celebrates excellence, novelty and courage in filmmaking by offering
money awards for the Best International Film and Best Romanian Film.

You can read more about the submission process *here
<https://bidff.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2535c062bf45235766da15559&id=18e2e5fc65&e=ad7bc9fcd6>*
, on our website (https://www.bidff.ro/open-call-2022 ).