[oberlist] Fwd: [Monoskop Log] Once Weekly Digest Email

us vladimir us.vladimir at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:34:58 CEST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Monoskop Log <log at monoskop.org>
Date: Thu, May 19, 2022 at 9:00 PM
Subject: [Monoskop Log] Once Weekly Digest Email
To: <log at monoskop.org>

Anna Schäffler, Friederike Schäfer, Nanne Buurman (eds.): Networks of Care:
Politiken des (Er)haltens und (Ent)sorgens / Politics of Preserving and
Discarding (2022) [DE/EN]
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23460

“In 2021, Networks of Care offered a platform at the nGbK enabling an
exchange of ideas and information between practitioners and experts
concerning
strategies for dealing with artistic estates, private and public archives,
or
idle documentation volumes. The present contributions reflect—in their
theoretical analyses and also partly fleeting or historical thoughts, notes,
and reflections and [...]

Trading Zones: Camera Work in Artistic and Ethnographic Research (2022)
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23450

“This book introduces camera-based practices at the intersections of
artistic and ethnographic research that critically examine the means of
their
own production and social embeddedness. In shared practices such as
recording
in the field, editing in post-production and modes of presentation, the
camera
is involved as an agent rather than an innocent device. How does [...]

Dora García (ed.): If I Could Wish for Something (2021)
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23427

“In 1930, German film composer Friedrich Hollaender wrote “Wenn ich mir
was wünschen dürfte”, famously performed by Marlene Dietrich. It inspired
the foundation of Dora García’s exhibition ‘If I Could Wish for
Something’ and this accompanying publication. The song serves as a powerful
expression of a complex concept: sadness as political strength. García in
turn [...]

Adriana N. Helbig: Hip-Hop Ukraine: Music, Race, and African Migration
(2014)
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23420

“In Hip Hop Ukraine, we enter a world of urban music and dance competitions,
hip hop parties, and recording studio culture to explore unique sites of
interracial encounters among African students, African immigrants, and local
populations in eastern Ukraine. Adriana N. Helbig combines ethnographic
research with music, media, and policy analysis to examine how localized
[...]

MARCH, journal of art and strategy (2020–)
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23411

“MARCH embraces publishing as an act of protest to address the critical
social and political issues of our time. MARCH emerges at a moment of
deepening institutional crisis and is intent on advancing new forms of
publication, critique, and public action. We are a partisan publication: we
initiate, articulate, advance, and defend prefigurative ideas about [...]

Les Back: Academic Diary, or Why Higher Education Still Matters (2016)
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23401

“Les Back has chronicled three decades of his academic career, turning his
sharp and often satirical eye to the everyday aspects of life on campus and
the larger forces that are reshaping it. Presented as a collection of
entries
from a single academic year, the diary moves from the local to the global,
from PowerPoint [...]

Semiotext(e), 5(2): SF (1989) [EN, IT]
https://monoskop.org/log/?p=23395

“An outsider sci-fi anthology. Varied and largely critically-acclaimed
material by the obscure, the overexposed and the justly renowned.”
Edited by Rudy Rucker, Peter Lamborn Wilson, and Robert Anton Wilson
Publisher Autonomedia, New York, 1989
ISBN 0936756438, 9780936756431
384 pages
Reviews: P. Leggiere (Beyond Cyberpunk, c.1991), Todd Mason (2013).
ISFDB
WorldCat
Semiotext(e), 5(2): SF (English, 12 MB)
Strani attrattori: antologia di fantascienza radicale (Italian, trans. [...]

    *

https://monoskop.org
https://monoskop.org/log
https://monoskop.org/log/?feed=rss2