[oberlist] Fwd: SIMULTAN Festival 2023 – Dates, Theme, Open Call

Asociația Oberliht info at oberliht.org
Wed Aug 9 23:46:32 CEST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *livia pancu* <pancu.liviaa at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 7, 2023
Subject: Fwd: SIMULTAN Festival 2023 – Dates, Theme, Open Call
To: oberliht <info at oberliht.org>

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: simultan association <simultan at simultan.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023, 22:15
Subject: SIMULTAN Festival 2023 – Dates, Theme, Open Call
To: <pancu.liviaa at gmail.com>

Call for video submissions now open.

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/7478e78d5d6d/simultan-festival-2023-open-call?e=dfc29c8c06>
SIMULTAN 2023
OSCILLATIONS: Things to Remember

We are very excited to announce the 18th edition of SIMULTAN Festival,
taking place in Timișoara, October 5 - 8, 2023.

Titled *OSCILLATIONS: Things to Remember, *the festival aims to explore and
question various aspects of society and individual life influenced by
technology, to delve into speculative situations, and to disrupt the
standardised image of the future, the cult of progress, and infinite
development. From the personal to the social and political, philosophical,
and existential, the festival seeks to highlight how artists respond to
some of the major challenges of our times and their relationship with the
media, how they document change, and how they envision the future.

› *Read the full theme text*
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=a0ff6aa182&e=dfc29c8c06>
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=7b66b8f957&e=dfc29c8c06>
*OPEN CALL FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS*

The call is open for emerging and established artists worldwide, new
authors and/or students. We are looking for submissions of innovative video
works related to the festival theme and produced in the last two years
(2021-2023). The selected works will be part of the festival program in
October and published in the SIMULTAN video archive
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=6360ee2ba2&e=dfc29c8c06>
(to be agreed with the authors).
We will reward four video works with a 500 EUR artist fee.

Application deadline: 20 August 2023.
› *Read more and submit your work*
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=de7be03478&e=dfc29c8c06>

SIMULTAN Festival 2023 is part of the National Cultural Programme
“Timisoara – European Capital of Culture in 2023” and is funded under the
European Echoes programme, implemented by the Center for Projects of the
Timișoara Municipality, with sums allocated from the state budget, through
the Ministry of Culture budget.

Image: Magnetoceptia, sound performance, 2019. Photo: Petru Cojocaru
[image: Website]
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=ecef00d6c6&e=dfc29c8c06>
[image: Facebook]
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=c9abbb5a63&e=dfc29c8c06>
[image: Instagram]
<https://simultan.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6407e151feac29d4009f9efa8&id=835d62caa0&e=dfc29c8c06>

*Make sure you never miss any of our updates. Move this email to your
inbox.*

*Copyright © 2023 simultan association, All rights reserved*

--
Asociația Oberliht
022 286317 / 079910102
info at oberliht.org