[Oberlist] [Fwd: [artbox] Artist in residency]

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Mie Noi 1 01:06:33 CET 2006

tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us
http://interventii.info.md/oberliht

Subject: [artbox] Artist in residency
From:    "Yana Kostova" <yana_kostova la yahoo.com>
Date:    Mon, October 30, 2006 09:25
To:      artbox la groups.cult.bg

TIRANA INSTIUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART
  a new exciting international platform

  T.I.C.A. - ARTIST IN RESIDENCY: APPLY NOW!!!!!

  We are happy to announce the first permanent platform for contemporary
art in Albania, the Tirana Institute of Contemporary Art - TICA.

  During the last years Tirana has attracted the attention of the
international contemporary art world through a number of events, among
which the Tirana Biennale is the most important. A new platform is now
born – Tirana Institute of Contemporary Art (www.tica-albania.org) the
only institution for contemporary art in Albania and one with the
ambition to offer substantial support, on a continuous basis, to a
developing art scene. It is for the first time that an Artist in
Residency Program is established in the country, offering support to
local and international artists that want to do research and develop
their work in Tirana. After having analyzed the insufficiency of
existing local institutions and the lack of new forms of dedicated
cultural exchange within the Balkans, Europe and beyond, we think that
time has come for a new approach towards cross-cultural relations and
the potentials offered by artistic research.

  TICA Artist in Residency Program will conditionally host not less than 3
artists at a time: 1 from Albania; 1 from the Balkans and 1 from Europe
or beyond. The program will be based on a flexible structure that can
offer the possibility to move between different locations, contexts and
thematic interests. It shall be structured as a project-based residency
program, with an intention to encourage artists with different
backgrounds and experiences to work together towards a final
presentation (exhibition, publication, event).

  TICA is open for applications from September 30, 2006. Deadline for the
first period is December 15. For detailed information on how and when to
apply, please check the website: www.tica-albania.org

  Tirana Institute of Contemporary Art wishes to thank our Program
Partner: European Cultural Foundation. The Artist in Residency Program
is made possible through the generous support of Institute of Tirana
Biennale and Moving Culture.

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist