[Oberlist] Formation : M.F.A. Program, Department of Art, University of Delaware, Delaware, Usa >>>

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Joi Dec 14 03:43:28 CET 2006

Formation : M.F.A. Program, Department of Art, University of Delaware,
Delaware, Usa.
The University of Delaware’s M.F.A. Program
A collaborative program in an ideal location for studying visual art
http://www.udel.edu/art/graduate/index.htm

To make important art is an automatically expansive process. It is a
momentum and an action, disregarding traditional boundaries in favor of
ideas and actualizations.

The Department of Art at the University of Delaware realizes that
contemporary artists benefit from a thorough investigation of their own
practice as well as wide-ranging feedback from others, and we strive to
create an environment that encourages these conditions.

We encourage applications to our M.F.A. Program (
http://www.udel.edu/art/graduate/index.htm ) from dedicated artists
looking to expand their work through dialogue and practice. The
department’s application deadline is January 15.

Our graduate students have excellent on-campus studios and access to
state-of-the-art facilities. The M.F.A. program consists of around 30
students who are encouraged to interact in an intimate environment with
faculty and grads from all concentrations and conceptual positions. Studio
resources and undergraduate programs include painting, sculpture,
ceramics, printmaking, and photography.

The University of Delaware offers outstanding funding for students:
approximately 12 Teaching Assistantships (full tuition plus $14,000/year
for teaching and service, awarded on a competitive basis); several block
tuitions grants that cover full tuition; as well as other competitive
fellowships offered by the Office of Graduate Studies.

The University’s centralized location on the eastern corridor of the
United States makes it an ideal location to study visual art. Situated
midway between Philadelphia and Baltimore, the campus is about two hours
by train/car north to New York City, or south to Washington, D.C.

Visiting artists and critics to the program have included:
Elizabeth Murray
Judy Pfaff
Robert Storr
Jerome Witkin
Elizabeth Dworkin
Robert Birmelin
Leonard Kociansky
Donald Kuspit
Peter Plagens
Laurie Fendrich
Donald Lipski
Archie Rand
Willy Heeks
Thomas Naskowsky
Gary Stephan
Joel Shapiro
Stephen Westphal
Jerry Saltz
Beverly Fishman
Janet Fish
Don Colley
David Bates
Brian Rutenberg
Sue Coe
Ellen Burchenal
Gregory Amenoff
Sam Hunter
Dorothea Rockburne
Julie Heffernan
Nancy Brett
Gordon Moore
Robert Pincus Witten
Joyce Scott
Janine Antoni
Jacob Ciocci (of Paper Rad)
Brian Bishop
Buzz Spector
John Yau

Department of Art, University of Delaware
104 Recitation Hall, Newark, Delaware 19716
302 831 2244

Source : artandeducation
sursa: pourinfos

usv

tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us
http://interventii.info.md/oberliht

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist