[Oberlist] [Fwd: [RK] dyne:bolic 2.4 DHORUBA - AUTOMATIC CRYPTO AUTONOMY]

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Mar Feb 20 23:41:04 CET 2007

tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us

Subject: [RK] dyne:bolic 2.4 DHORUBA - AUTOMATIC CRYPTO AUTONOMY
From:    "jaromil" <jaromil la dyne.org>
Date:    Tue, February 20, 2007 16:36
To:      rekombinant la liste.rekombinant.org

 annunciazio'! annunciazio'!

                 dyne.org foundation proudly present:

             8                        8             8  o
             8                        8             8
        .oPYo8 o    o odYo. .oPYo. 88 8oPYo. .oPYo. 8 o8 .oPYo.
        8    8 8    8 8' `8 8oooo8    8    8 8    8 8  8 8    '
        8    8 8    8 8   8 8.        8    8 8    8 8  8 8    .
        `YooP' `YooP8 8   8 `Yooo' 88 `YooP' `YooP' 8  8 `YooP'
        :.....::....8 ..::..:.....:..::.....::.....:..:..:.....:
        :::::::::ooP'.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
        :::::::::...::::::: version 2.4 :: codename DHORUBA ::::

            100% FREE MULTIMEDIA GNU/LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM

                     FOR THE FREEDOM OF CREATION

        the complete system is free to download and copy, go on

                 ____ _ http://dynebolic.org _ _____
                 ___ __ http://dynebolic.org __ ____
                 __ ___ http://dynebolic.org ___ ___
                 _ ____ http://dynebolic.org ____ __

                     ISO CD image of 642 Mbytes

          EASY TO USE - BOOT THE LIVE CD OR COPY A DIRECTORY
      use it besides any other operating system without problems

:: WHAT IS DYNE:BOLIC ?

Dyne:bolic  GNU/Linux  is  a  live  bootable  cd,  containing  a  whole
operating  system  that  works  straight from boot, without the need to
install or change anything on the hard disk.

If  you  like  and  want to have it on harddisk you can simply copy the
/dyne directory on your computer: the simpliest installation ever! Your
older system is untouched and comes back booting without CD.

Dyne:bolic  is  user-friendly: recognizes your hardware devices (sound,
video,  firewire,  modem,  network  and USB) and offers a vast range of
software for multimedia production: audio and video manipulation, sound
composition   and   synthesis,   3D  modeling,  photography,  peer2peer
filesharing,   web   browsing,   veejaying,  desktop  publishing,  word
processing, cd burning, email, encryption, anonymity tools and more.

All   software  is  free  and  there  is  no  market  operation  behind
dyne:bolic, just a communal effort to widen access to modern technology
and let people be Free to Create.

Dyne:bolic  is being developed since more than 5 years and optimized to
run also on older machines commonly found in Africa America Asia Europe
and  Oceania.  It includes code from hundreds of programmers all around
the  world, with a lively community of artists, teachers and developers
who  use,  distribute  and adapt this platform according to their needs
and desires.

This  operating  system  is  a  grassroot  effort  to share independent
knowledge,  it  keeps  away from commercial speculations and capitalist
corporations, because CREATIONS WANT TO BE FREE.

::  _   _ _______        ______
:: | \ | | ____\ \      / / ___|
:: |  \| |  _|  \ \ /\ / /\___ \
:: | |\  | |___  \ V  V /  ___) |
:: |_| \_|_____|  \_/\_/  |____/

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: AUTOMATIC CRYPTO AUTONOMISM

The  distinction between what is public and what is private is becoming
more  and  more  blurred with the increasing intrusiveness of the media
and advances in electronic technology. While this distinction is always
the  outcome  of  continuous  cultural  negotiation, it continues to be
critical,  for  where nothing is private, democracy becomes impossible.
http://www.newschool.edu/centers/socres/privacy/Home.html

The  internet offers plenty of free services, on the wave of the Web2.0
fuzz  and the community boom, while all private informations are hosted
on servers owned by global corporations and monopolies.

We  urge  you  to  reflect  on  the  importance  of keeping privacy for
personal data. Our present world is full of prevarication and political
imprisonments, war rages in several places and media is mainly used for
propaganda  by  the  powers  in  charge. Some of us face the dangers of
being  tracked  by oppressors opposing our self definition, independent
thinking and resistance to omologation.

People need the possibility to protect their legitimate privacy as much
as their freedom to express.

It  is  important to keep in mind that noone else than *you* can ensure
the  privacy  of  your  personal  data.  Server hosted services and web
integrated  technologies  gather  all  data into huge information pools
that are made available to established economical and cultural regimes.

This new version introduces support for strong encryption of your /home
private data with Linux dm-crypt i586 optimized Rijndael hashed SHA256,
to  provide  an  efficient  and  user-friendly  tool  to  protect  your
bookmarks, addressbook, documents and emails by carrying them back with
you, protected with a fairly strong cryptographic algorithm.

A  passkey  to  read  your  data is stored inside a file, which is also
protected  by a password. It is possible to keep everything with you on
a  small  usb  stick,  still  being  sure that the data won't be easily
recovered  in  case  you  loose  it.  You  can  also  give  the passkey
protecting  your  data to a friend, to make the data unaccessible until
you meet again, which can be useful in case of tricky transports.

Some links to raise awareness:

    http://www.politechbot.com    http://www.quintessenz.org

=== WHAT'S NEW in 2.4

This release improves user-friendliness introducing Xfce-4.4 as the new
default  desktop,  customized  for  the  scheme  of interaction that is
familiar  to  dyne:bolic  users.  Another  important new feature is the
ability  to create an encrypted nest to prevent access to personal data
stored  in  home  directories. No complicated notions are required, our
user  friendly  setup deals with usb and harddisk storages as usual, in
case  the  nest  is  encrypted  you'll  see  your home icon upgraded to
fortress,  then  everything  that  goes  in your nest is protected.

New  software  include  QParted,  among  updated software is Cinelerra.
Several  new  software  modules  are being published and made available
online by a growing number of developers.

Multiuser  operability  has  been fixed, along with a re-engineering of
the core architecture to modularize inclusion of different kernels.

=== new dyne:II core features:

- - - it is a multiuser system, private data can be encrypted
- - - it includes all compiler and development tools needed to build dyne
- - - you can easily modify the system, pack a new CD and redistribute it
- - - it has advanced thin client functionality, booting from usb and net
- - - it's modular, so you can easily add and combine different software
- - - it's slick and snappy like the preceeding dyne:bolic, even better ;)

=== upgrading from version 2

To  upgrade  just replace the dyne/ directory with the new one, or run
the CD and answer yes when prompted.

To upgrade your nest to encrypted the easieast way is
  - backup your home data on the harddisk outside the nest
  - create a new encrypted nest overwriting the old one
  - import manually your data into the new one

=== upgrading from version 1

Upgrade from version 1, or not? here is an overview of reasons:

Pro:
 - better usability and stability, support for more devices
 - possibility to run from usb and solid state devices
 - ability to run in thin-client setups
 - cryptographic protection for your privacy
 - gathers more software and can be customized easily

Contra:
 - version 2 is not running on XBOX game consoles
 - version 2 does not include the OpenMosix clustering system

:: FOR ACTIVISM IN CRISIS AREAS   http://streamtime.org

We  imagine  improvised expressive devices like a CD that turns your PC
into  an on line streaming studio. Imagine a mob that creates a traffic
jam.  Think  of the religious policeman in London, the konfused kollege
kid  and the jealous dentist in Baghdad and the jailed blogger blogging
on in Cairo. Building autonomous networks in extreme conditions.

Streamtime  uses  old  and  new media for the production of content and
networks  in  the fields of media, arts, culture and activism in crisis
areas,   like   Iraq.  Streamtime  offers  a  diffuse  environment  for
developing  do-it-yourself  media.  We  focus  on  a  cultural sense of
finding   your   own  way  in  the  quagmire  that  is  Iraq,  and  its
representation  in  the  global  media.  We  should  not  try to change
politics in order to foster cultural change; we should support cultural
manifestation in order to force political change.

:: FOR THE GNU MEDIA ART
                   _    _
 _ __ _  _ _ _ ___(_)__| |_  _ _ _  ___
| '_ \ || | '_/ -_)_/ _` | || | ' \/ -_)
| .__/\_,_|_| \___(_)__,_|\_, |_||_\___|
|_|                       |__/

The   Goto10   collective   of  artists  tailored  a  unique  piece  of
craftmanship,  gathering  together  most  hard to install bleeding-edge
audio-visual  open  source  software in their customization, free as in
media on http://puredyne.goto10.org

:: THIS IS RASTA SOFTWARE

Jah Rastafari Livity bless our Freedom! This is free software, share it
for  the  good of yourself and your people, respect others and let them
express,  be  free  and  let  others  be free. Live long and prosper in
Peace!

But,  no  Peace without Justice. This software is about Resistence inna
Babylon  world  which  tries  to  control  more  and  more  the  way we
communicate  and  share information and knowledge. This software is for
all  those  who  cannot afford to have the latest expensive hardware to
speak out their words of consciousness and good will. This software has
a full range of applications for production and not only consumption of
information,  it's  a  full  multimedia  studio,  you don't need to buy
anything  to  express  yourself.  Freedom  and sharing of knowledge are
solid  principles  for  evolution  and that's where this software comes
from.

Inna babylon, money is the main requirement to make a voice possible to
be  heard  by  others.  Capitalist  and  fundamentalist governments all
around   the  world  rule  with  huge  TV  monopolies  spreading  their
propaganda, silencing all criticism.

This is a struggle for Redemption from existing operating systems which
always  require new expensive hardware for doing the same as ever: give
us  free  players but make us pay for producing our own voices. And the
one who protects you rips you off, as the Arabs say.

Dyne:bolic  is a tool to produce and publish yourself, freely. There is
nothing to consume here, there is all you need to create.

:: ON THE PRESS

Since  the  first  release of the dyne:II series our efforts received a
lot  of  attention, version 2.0 and 2.1 have been already redistributed
on several publications worldwide.... online you can read

  // Jaromil's interview about dyne:bolic, freedom and independence
http://www.packtpub.com/article/Discussing-Dyne:Bolic-and-Freedom-with-Denis-Jaromil-Rojo

  // dyne:II reviewed on LinuxJournal
     http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000096

  // DHORUBA RELEASE - read about it on METAMUTE
http://www.metamute.org/?q=en/Dyne:bolic-2-download-new-exclusive-release

  // and the interview to Dhoruba Bin Wahad of the Black Panthers Party
     http://mediafilter.org/MFF/S36/S36.DBW.html

     MAX respect!

=== ROLL THE GEEK DRUMS - tell Slashdot about the dyne:II release
                            http://slashdot.org/submit.pl
 dyne:II development reached a sufficiently advanced stage of
 development to be reviewed by the geek community worldwide.

=== dyne:II development history

The  dyne:II  core has been compiled from scratch by Jaromil and Smilzo
in  2005.  During  2006  Jaromil  completed  a full rewrite of startup,
nesting,   docking,   configuration  and  sdk  scripts,  aided  by  the
experienced testing of Aymeric Antonios and Chun of Goto10.

The new foundation of the dyne:II core opens up the development to more
people,  providing  a modular packaging system for software collections
and  the  possibility  to  customize  the  liveCD  with  your favourite
applications.   So   it   is  born  Pure:dyne,  as  the  first  dyne:II
customization  focusing  on  real time audio/video processing with pure
data.

visit the Developers Lounge -> http://dev.dynebolic.org

=== roadmap

We  salute  and  support  all  development  done outside the capitalist
empire, to produce and distribute low power and affordable computers.

We  look  forward to support chinese dragons and simputers, solid state
workstations  and  all  kind  of  100$  laptops.  In fact, we are there
already,  the  next  step  in  this  development  will be adoption of a
cross-platform build environment to cover all kinds of hardware around.

:: BIG UP  \o/  to DEVELOPERS & FRIENDS

First  of all salutes and great respect to the many developers who have
written  software  included in dyne:bolic: a long list of names that is
impossible  to  include here, you'll find information about them inside
the CD and in the documentation of each software.

Special thanks for this release go to the Freaknet hackers who made all
this possible, recovering a recent technical desaster and keeping our
server fleet functional. Also thanks to the Montevideo Artlab in
Amsterdam for hosting the development.

Dyne:II is being mantained by Jaromil with help and inspirations from:

=== Dyne.org / FreakNet  hackers  http://dyne.org   http://freaknet.org
    Alpt,  Asbesto,  Kysucix,  Xant,  Newmark,  Nightolo,  DinDon,
    Sandman,  Crash,  Godog, Voyager, Pallotron, Fredd, Kobaiashi,
    Mr.Goil, Godog, Nelburg, Acme, Adam, Robert, Cjm, Cerin0

=== Goto10  http://www.goto10.org  http://puredyne.goto10.org
    Aymeric, Marloes, Antonios, Chun

=== Metro Olografix   http://olografix.org
    Neuro, Smilzo, Superattilius, Groucho/K6, SugoDiPesce,
    Blended, Hunicus, Isazi

=== Netherlands Media Art Institute http://www.montevideo.nl/en
    Montevideo / Time Based Arts

=== Radio Ondarossa 87.9FM Roma http://www.ondarossa.info

=== Streamtime crew http://streamtime.org

=== ASCII http://www.scii.nl and the robotic resistance crew

=== SERVUS:AT netz-kultur platform http://www.servus.at

=== the Xiph foundation http://www.xiph.org

=== Indymedia  http://www.indymedia.org

=== BlagBlagBlag & Blasterisk http://www.blagblagblag.org/BLASTERISK

And  more... Ish, Kapel, Jagadeesh, Lawrence, Arun M., Melindo, the FSF
India  and  the  NID  Ahmedabad,  BEK.no,  the  Folk  Festival in Louga
(Senegal),  the  squatters of Amsterdam, Neural.it, Stomfi, Paul Davis,
Abortigeno, Menglef, Maikel, Ivana, Gisle, Armin, Lambru, Chmod, Xaver,
Jojo,  Rino, Marko, Lupone, Kingdom of Piracy, Macchina, Giacomo Verde,
Artificialia,  the Italian Hackmeeting, WhatTheHack, Ecoteca, the Chaos
League, MetaMute, Pippin, Jebba, Emillo, Adam...

                                    .... and even more .....

to  all  the  many  people  sending  good  vibes,  sharing  ospitality,
suggestions and helping organizing the things that keep all this alive:

                                         hearful THANKS!

:: contribute TO DYNE:BOLIC

  ->>>> CONTRIBUTE DOCUMENTATION: http://lab.dyne.org/DyneBolic (wiki)
  ->>>> BUG REPORT ONLINE INTERFACE: http://bugs.dyne.org

Please  consider  that  the dyne:bolic project is an independent effort
relying   on  occasional  support  from  non-profit,  grant-making  and
business  organizations  willing  to  sustain  development  of free and
opensource software like this.

Dyne:bolic  relies  on  support  from individuals like you to preserve,
protect and promote the freedom it gives to its users.
Please show your appreciation with an act of generosity!

If you use it then make a donation -> http://dyne.org/donate.php

In  case  you  are  an  organization,  company or official institution,
consider  Dyne.org  is  a  foundation and can provide you with official
papers  about  donations,  plus  you can be mentioned and linked on the
upcoming BIG THANKS page.

We  struggle to keep this effort independent, therefore the only income
for this project is the community itself. thanks everyone!

:: DISCLAIMER

dyne:bolic GNU/Linux is copyleft (C)2001-2007 by Denis "Jaromil" Rojo

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under  the  terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free  Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.

This  program  is  distributed  in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT   ANY   WARRANTY;   without   even   the  implied  warranty  of
MERCHANTABILITY  or  FITNESS  FOR  A  PARTICULAR  PURPOSE.  See the GNU
General      Public      License      for      more      details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with  this  program;  if not, write to: Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
675      Mass      Ave,      Cambridge,     MA     02139,     USA.

Several  redistributed  binaries  are  copyrighted  by  the  respective
authors,   it   is   documented  in  the  accompanying  manual  of  the
distribution.

dyne.org  is  available  to provide the source of the included binaries
upon  request, all the included software can be redistributed under the
terms  of  the  GNU GPL license and, in some cases, the X/BSD license.

For more informations refer to the web pages on http://dynebolic.org

- --
(_ jaromil _)(_ http://korova.dyne.org _)

+ http://liste.rekombinant.org/wws/subrequest/rekombinant
+ http://www.rekombinant.org

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist