[Oberlist] [Fwd: [artbox] Internet Based Art and Community Projects]

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Lun Feb 26 19:43:45 CET 2007

tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us

Subject: [artbox] Internet Based Art and Community Projects
From:    "Peruz Egikyan" <peruzzz la yahoo.com>
Date:    Sat, February 24, 2007 12:26
To:      "artbox" <artbox la groups.cult.bg>

Rhizome Commissions Program
      Founded in 2001, the Rhizome Commissions Program makes financial
support available to artists for the creation of original works of
Internet-based art. Commissions are awarded by jury, and by
Rhizome's membership through an open community vote.
      In 2007, Rhizome will commission eleven new art works with fees
ranging from $1000-3000. You can submit a proposal below, or read
more about our submission and voting procedures
      This year, we are accepting proposals in two categories.
      1) New works of Internet-based art
    The works must use the Internet as a primary source. They can manifest
offline, as long as the final work is accessible online, whether
through a web browser, software, or some other use of internet
technologies. There is no required theme.
      When evaluating proposals, the jury will consider artistic merit,
technical feasibility, and online accessibility. Although we will
provide some technical assistance with final integration into the
Rhizome web site, artists are expected to develop projects
independently and without significant assistance from Rhizome.
      Ten commissions will be awarded in this category.
      Submit at http://rhizome.org/commissions/2007/artist_proposal.php
      2) Community project
 In 2007, Rhizome will also award one commission to an artist whose
project will benefit our community, by enhancing communication,
participation or user experience on the website. Artists will be asked to
execute the Community Project independently and be prepared to work with
Rhizome to integrate the work when complete. Projects must be feasible,
and manageable for up to one year. Precursors include Rhizome's
'alt.interface' which provided alternative interfaces, or visualizations,
for Rhizome's online archive, the ArtBase.
      One commission will be awarded in this category.
      Submit at    http://rhizome.org/commissions/2007/community_proposal.php
      All of the commissioned works will be exhibited on Rhizome.org  and
at a one-night event at the New Museum of Contemporary Art, as well
as archived in the ArtBase.

      The Rhizome Commissions program is supported, in part, by funds from
the Greenwall Foundation, the Jerome Foundation, the National
Endowment for the Arts and by public funds from the New York City
Department of Cultural Affairs. Additional support is provided by
generous individuals and Rhizome Members.

Mai multe informații despre lista de discuții oberlist