[Oberlist] Vitkar Zavod - Red Beats Festival, Hrastnik, Slovenia >>>

Oberliht ober la emdash.org
Joi Mar 1 02:34:34 CET 2007

Vitkar Zavod - Red Beats Festival, Hrastnik, Slovenia, May 07 (deadline:
10 Mar)

VITKAR ZAVOD - Red Beats festival: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for contemporary
dance, contemporary theatre, street theatre, circus and physical theatre

A non-competitive spring festival (last week of May) intended to bring
together theatre people and to invite people of small mine town community
in a relaxed atmosphere of theatre, dance and music indoor and outside on
the street.

We are kindly inviting people, individual artists and groups from around
the world, that would like to spend a few days with us. Our aim is to:
• waken up the Art in the small mine town and spread it around Slovenia;
• promote regional and international cooperation in Art;
• support experimental creative initiatives;
• provide exchange, mobility and professional contacts;
• spread information and contact network among theatre fellows.

We are looking for the experimental and non-conventional forms, that are
willing to bring art close to the common people. Very particular attention
should be made to ensure that the show is easy to understand despite
foreign language barriers. We encourage all genres from circus, theatre to
dance.

First few days we plan to take over the city population outdoors with
small circus and street theatre spectacles and will continue indoors with
dance and theatre performances. We also have a special morning programme
for small children and youth. Puppet performances are included.

The selection for the festival is based mainly on the following criteria:
• quality and professionalism;
• Shows of different types of theatre: circus, drama, movement, dance,
choreography, puppets-marionettes, one-man show, etc / not exceeded 5
person;
• Companies happy to work together with the festival organizers to make
things possible;
• Each company will be able to see the work of other invited artists and
to make new contacts.

The stages
IN-DOOR (250 seats): the stage is about 8m wide and 8m deep; black
curtains, black dance floor, suitable lights and a sound system are
provided. or OUT-DOOR (more preferably), or in public places, such as
parks, squares or streets.

Free for participants
• The organisation will promote the event, being responsible for the
programming and divulgation of the performances.
• The organisation will provide theatre facilities and the necessary
technicians. For set site specific presentations each case will be
addressed individually. The theatre stage for the performances has an area
of around 8m x 8m.
• Though proposals may include any number of performers, the organisation
will cover only the 3 days of the Festival of lodging in a beautiful
surroundings of Hrastnik area and meals for performers and choreographer
of selected pieces, up to a total of 4 people per proposal.
• per diems for performers
• The selected projects may be offered the possibility of performing in
other Slovenian towns. We hold a special contact with street, dance and
theatre festivals in Slovenia.

The organisation will not cover other expenses, such as travel expenses,
transportation, insurances or copyrights. No fee is provided. Extra people
need to provide their own expenses.

Participants must arrange to handle all travel expenses incurred to reach
Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. We will provide and organize
travelling in Slovenia. (Hrastnik is 30 minutes distance from Ljubljana.
Extra days for staying are available on request.

The choice of participating shows will be final and not subject to appeal.
Groups that qualify will be officially notified by 1 April 2005 and will
be required to confirm their participation within a few days by sending by
E-mail.

The following Supporting Documentation should accompany your application:
• Mentioning all the required material for the presentation, specifying if
any special equipment is necessary.
• Accompanied by a brief biography (150 words) of the choreographer/director.
• Accompanied by a brief text(100 words), with reviews about the work.
• Accompanied by 1-3 photos of the work (digital or paper support, jpg
format by mail)
• Indicating if the work is to be presented on a formal space (theatre
stage), or set specific (outside: street/park/supermarket/squer or in the
theatre hall)
• Video/CD of performance

DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS OR SOLE COPIES. MATERIALS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
UNLESS COLLECTED.

Deadline: 10/03/07

Kontakt:
VITKAR ZAVOD
Metelkova 6
1000 Ljubljana
Slovenia
fourklor la yahoo.com

sursa: on the move
tel: + (373 22) 735369
contact person: Vladimir Us
http://www.oberliht.org.md

Mai multe informaţii despre lista de discuţii oberlist