[Oberlist] LUME#FW: Looking for a trainee to work during 6 months in the Cultural Exchange

US Vladimir us_v la hotmail.com
Mie Apr 4 20:06:11 CEST 2007

mai multe informatii gasiti in a doua parte a mesajului

v.

>From: "MA in cultural management - University of Arts in Belgrade"
><coordinator la arts.bg.ac.yu>
>Subject: FW: Looking for a trainee to work during 6 months in the Cultural
>Exchange department of the Asia Europe Foundation in Singapore starting
>asap.
>Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 12:21:16 +0200
>

>Coordinator
>
>MA in Cultural Management and Cultural Policy
>University of Arts
>Kosancicev venac 29
>11000 Belgrade, Serbia
>Tel: +381 11 2626 994
>Fax:+381 11 2629 785
>

>coordinator la arts.bg.ac.yu
>www.arts.bg.ac.yu
>

> > Dear ENCATC members,
> >
> > the  Asia-Europe Foundation is looking for a trainee to work during 6
>months in the Cultural Exchange department of the Asia Europe Foundation in
>Singapore starting asap.
> >
> > If one of your students is interested in this opportunity, please write
>my colleague Katelijn Verstraete directly.
> >
> > Yours truly,
> >
> > GL
> >
> >  ______________________
> > Katelijn Verstraete
> > Project Manager
> >
> > Cultural Exchange Department
> >
> > Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
> >

> > 31 Heng Mui Keng Terrace | Singapore 119595
> >
> > Tel : (65) 6874 9724 | Fax : (65) 6872 1207
> >

> > E-mail: Katelijn.verstraete la asef.org
> >

> > ·          Direct link to ASEF Cultural Exchange Programme:
>http://www.asef.org/dir/ce
> >
> > ·          ASEF subsite on cinema: http://sea-images.asef.org
> >
> > ·          CulturE-ASEF, Information system for the Asia-Europe cultural
>exchange: http://www.culture-asef
> >

> >   --- the forwarded message follows ---

= = =

ASEF-Cultural Exchange Trainee Programme

Promoting Cultural Exchange between Asia and Europe

Cultural Exchange Department is looking for a trainee

The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) was established in February 1997, by
members of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). It is based in Singapore and
reports to a Board of Governors comprising members from the 39 ASEM[1]
countries the European Commission. ASEF seeks to promote better mutual
understanding between civil societies of Asia and Europe through greater
intellectual, cultural and people-to-people exchanges between the two
regions (www.asef.org <http://www.asef.org/> ).

Through the meetings and workshops it organises in Europe and Asia, ASEF
Cultural Exchange Department seeks to offer a unique environment where
artists and cultural professionals from Europe and Asia can meet,
exchange ideas and experiences and develop potential future common
projects between Asia and Europe. To fulfill its mission, ASEF has
developed three programme areas:

1. Young artists' exchange: with its yearly series of Asia-Europe Art
Camp (new media arts), Asia-Europe Forum for Young Photographers;
Pointe to Point, Asia-Europe Dance Forum and  I'mPULSE Asia-Europe Music
Camp; Close Up! Asia Europe Film Meeting;

2. Process Oriented Platforms and Networks (cinema:
http://sea-images.asef.org <http://sea-images.asef.org/> ; ASEMUS:
museums: www.asemus.org <http://www.asemus.org/> ; autonomous cultural
centres and the Asia-Europe Culture Portal Culture 360)

3. Dialogue on Policy and Culture (ASEF as an interface between the
levels of cultural professionals/artists and policy makers)

The Cultural Exchange Department is composed of one director (Indonesia)
and 6 project staff. All ASEF activities which take place in Europe and
Asia are co-organised by ASEF headquarters in Singapore. All ASEF
departments have a balanced representation of Asian and European
professionals and trainees in their team.

The trainee has the possibility to integrate in ASEF's team, to be
actively involved on the development of specific projects related to
Cultural Exchange, as well as acquire a better knowledge of the Asian
and European Institutions, Cultural Networks and of International
Cultural Management. The trainee will learn the different steps of
implementing a project from concept to its implementation. He/She will
get more professional knowledge on working with different partners and
cultural professionals from Europe and Asia. He/She  will also get the
opportunity to contribute his knowledge particularly in the European
cultural networks, based on his studies and past experiences.

The successful candidate will be assigned the following general duties
and responsibilities.

- To assist the project team, under supervision of the Director, in
administrative and logistical support  in  the preparation of  projects*
and activities for the Cultural Exchange Department (sending of
invitations, postage, database up-dates, selected correspondences  with
participants etc)

- To do research on the cultural and art scene in Europe and Asia, based
also on his studies and past working experiences (Internet and
publications). These researches will be an input for the development of
ASEF cultural projects.

- To Edit ASEF documents, publications, websites, update datebase, under
the supervision of the responsible project leader(s).

The successful candidate will have the following profile:

-          A young professional with experience in working in the
cultural (policy) field and some international cultural project
experience OR

-          A final-year student ideally from the field of cultural
policy, arts management or international relations with a keen interest
in culture

-          Excellent command of English (both written and oral) and
strong interest in working in a multi-cultural environment required.

-          Team player

Applicants should send the following if possible before April 15th  to
Wendy Lee  at Wendylee la asef.org .

a.        Cover letter detailing the qualities/contributions that he/she
can bring to the Cultural Exchange project development.
b.        CV with candidate's contact details highlighting past
studies/work experiences related to the above job requirements.

A nominal monthly remuneration is offered: SGD 1100 for Singapore-based
trainees, or SGD 1500 (including housing allowance) for overseas
trainees.

The ASEF office is located in the National University of Singapore, 31
Heng Mui Keng Terrace | Singapore 119595

The duration of the traineeship is 6 months. Starting date is as soon as
possible!

Thanks for sending us your applications as soon as possible !

The Cultural Exchange Team

[1] Current ASEM partners: Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, China,
Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany,
Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Laos, Latvia,
Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Myanmar, The Netherlands, The
Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South
Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United Kingdom and Vietnam, plus the
European Commission.

An embedded message was scrubbed...