[Oberlist] LUME#[Fwd: Konstfack's MA in Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice]

oberlist mailing list ober la emdash.org
Sâm Apr 14 03:13:42 CEST 2007

skype: us.vladimir

Subject: Konstfack's MA in Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice
From:    "Art&Education" <edu-news la mailer.e-flux.com>
Date:    Wed, April 11, 2007 23:54
To:      ober la emdash.org

artandeducation.net

MA in Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice
Konstfack University College of Art, Craft and Design

Announcing a new, innovative and interdisciplinary two-year program in
critical writing and curatorial practice leading to the Master of Arts
degree at Konstfack, Sweden’s leading University College of Art, Craft and
Design.  Our curriculum develops and strengthens the student’s
understanding and practice in critical writing and organizing exhibitions
in the fields of art, craft and design. But it also promotes inventive
studio practices have become increasingly interdisciplinary, the roles of
curator and critic have been reconfigured and new sites of practice have
emerged alongside the continuing relevance of established publications,
galleries and museums.

Our program is led by an exceptional international faculty, including Rolf
Hughes, Ronald Jones, Sara Kristoffersson, Marysia Lewandowska,
H&aring;kan Nilsson, M&aring;ns Wrange, and Kim West.  Students will also
be able to study with an array of distinguished visiting faculty –
speakers have included Vasif Kortun, Jennifer Allen, Marjetica Potrc,
Tirdad Zolghadr, Bruce Hainley, Jens Hoffmann and Claire Bishop –  and
take advantage of our standing associations with international cultural
institutions.

What is distinctive about our program is that students enroll either as a
critical writing student or one studying curatorial practice, but
collaborate across disciplines while deepening their own practice as a
critic or curator.  We assume a broad definition of art, craft, design,
architecture and media, informed by history, criticism, and theory
channeled though new forms of research.  As a result, this program
prepares students for positions in cultural and educational institutions,
scholarship and research, journalism, the art market, and publishing.

Our work, while often speculative, remains practically engaged socially,
culturally and ethically.  We invite applications from scholars, critics,
curators, artists and designers of unusual promise.  Applicants should
have completed a Bachelor's degree in art history, philosophy, aesthetics,
architecture, art, crafts, design, new media or have comparable
professional experience. Selection is highly competitive. The program is
taught in English.

Applications to the MA in Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice must be
received by the Konstfack Admissions Office by May 4, 2007.

Please visit our website at http://www.konstfack.se/ for further details.
Critical Writing and Curatorial Practice

For more information go to:
http://www.konstfack.se/konstfack/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10&t=1&l=en

AOL users <a
href="http://www.konstfack.se/konstfack/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10&t=1&l=en">click
here</a>
for more information.

Artforum: http://www.artforum.com/
E-flux: http://www.e-flux.com/

Artforum
350 Seventh Ave, 19th Floor, New York, New York 10001

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: